Best CNY 2022 deals
From 恭喜发财 (wishing good fortune) to 年年有余 (prosperity every year), getting the kaching is the talk of the town every Chinese New Year. Don’t even get us started on the onslaught of questions like “How much do you earn?” and Huat Pals dropping cash rewards for hunting down BB Loh.
Riding on the money train are CNY 2022 deals which the season is chock full of. Below are some of the best ones, from 1-for-1 hotel buffets to grocery shopping discounts.
1. 25% off CNY ingredients on Amazon Fresh
Whether you need abalone, rice, nuts or Tiger Beer, find CNY essentials on Amazon Fresh. On top of completing deliveries in under just two hours, they’re also offering up to 25% off selected products during this period, including hotpot essentials – perfect for last-minute fiends.
Deal: Up to 25% off CNY items. First-time customers on Amazon can also get $18 off with code <CNY18>, with a minimum spend of $88.
Promotion period: Now till 2nd February 2022
2. Buy-2-free-1 tickets to HeadRock VR
With social gathering sizes still capped at five, we’re bound to have some free time during the CNY season from the lack of house visits. If you’ve got time to kill, don’t waste it lazing at home – head down for a visit HeadRock VR on Sentosa for thrilling VR rides and games.
Deal: Buy-2-free-1 tickets to HeadRock VR on Klook
P.S. Klook also has $5 off Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration tickets with GrabPay promo code <GRABPUDISNEY5>, available while stocks last.
Promotion period: Now till 31st January 2022 (Use before 31st March 2022)
3. 1-for-1 CNY buffet at Holiday Inn restaurant
Image credit: @holidayinnsporeorchardcityctr
Toss away any worries about not having enough space in the fridge or cleaning up post-reunion dinner when you dine out this CNY 2022. For small group reunions, Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre’s Window on the Park is having 1-for-1 buffet lunch and dinner promotions (U.P. from $105.98/person) when you book through Klook.
Dive into Halal-certified nosh including yu sheng salad, steamed glutinous rice, salted egg prawn and CNY cookies – all without lifting a finger to cook. This deal is also available on CNY eve and CNY itself at $141.25/2 pax. Bookings during these two days come with an additional pen cai bowl.
Deal: 1-for-1 a la carte buffet for:
- Weekday lunch (U.P. $105.95/person)
- Weekend lunch (U.P. $116.55/person)
- Weekday and weekend dinner (U.P. $116.55/person)
Promotion period: Open dated tickets, available until further notice (Redeem before 20th February 2022).
4. From $8 off shopping, activities and meals on FavePay Later
Riding on the hype of interest-free installments is FavePay Later, offering the option for shoppers to split up their payments to avoid feeling the pinch. Use the promo codes below at any Fave merchant to redeem up to $88 off shopping sprees, activity bookings and meals.
Promo codes for new FavePay Later users:
- <HUATFPL8> for $8 off with min. spend $60
- <HUATFPL88> for $88 off with min. spend $1,000
Promo codes for existing FavePay Later users:
- <HUATFPL18> for $18 cashback with min. spend $280.
- <HUATFPL28> for $28 cashback with min. spend $380
Promotion period: Until 15th February 2022
5. 1-for-1 staycation at Carlton Hotel & PARKROYAL COLLECTION
Image credit: PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering
CNY is the season where some of us reunite with all our 300 relatives, while others find every opportunity to escape small talk. For those in the latter camp, Klook’s staycation deals come at a great time. Up for grabs for two days only, bookings at PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering and Furama City Center are all going at 1-for-1. Meanwhile, Carlton Hotel has 45% off two night stays.
- 1-for-1 staycations for PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering (from $479 for 2 nights) and Furama City Center (from $276 for two nights)
- 45% off Carlton Hotel (from $388 for two nights)
Promotion period: 28th – 30th January 2022
6. Up to 30% off Aprilskin cosmetics & stick-on nails at Guardian
CNY means lots of incoming OOTDs and group poses for photos. Look your best during this selfie-heavy time of the year with affordable cosmetics, temporary hair dye and stick-on manicures from Guardian’s CNY deals, now offering promotions of up to 30% off.
- Aprilskin concealer ($21, U.P. $30)
- MUSE & Co stick-on gel nails ($15.10, U.P. $18.90)
- Moremo Keratin Hair Colour (Two for $28.30, U.P. $18.90 each)
Promotion period: Now till 2nd February 2022 or while stocks last
7. 18% off Changi Experience Studio at Jewel Changi
With more than 15 Chinese restaurants perfect for reunions, Jewel Changi is sure to be a hotspot this CNY. While you’re here with the fam, swing by Changi Experience Studio, an interactive gallery filled with light projections. Tickets are now going at 18% off when you purchase a bundle of three.
Deal: 18% off Changi Experience Studio admission when you purchase three tickets.
Promotion period: Now till 15th February 2022
8. Up to 36% off CNY gifts and groceries at Giant
China Yong Chun Lukan Gift Packet
It’s mandatory to have mandarin oranges on hand during visiting – and you best make sure they’re fresh ones, especially if you’re visiting the in-laws.
Giant’s CNY deals such as the China Yong Chun Lukan Gift Packet at $7.50 (U.P. $11.80) ought to have you covered for any last-minute visits. On top of that, fresh ingredients like prawns will be available at their supermarkets at discounted prices to save on your next steamboat feast.
- 31% off Tiger Prawn Extra Large (U.P. $1.78/100G)
- 36% off China Yong Chun Lukan Gift Pack ($7.50, U.P. $11.80)
Promotion period: Until 26th January 2022
Redeem these deals for CNY 2022
It’s probably safe to say we’ve all come to appreciate festive occasions more, especially during a period where visiting quotas are limited. The good news is that you can still have a ball of time while saving with these eight CNY deals.
And hey, even if you’re planning to worm your way out of gatherings, you won’t be left out as there are staycations deals you can use as an excuse too.
For more CNY guides and activity ideas:
- Affordable CNY outfit ideas
- Kitchen gadgets for hotpot reunions
- CNY outfit dos and don’ts
- Capitol Singapore’s CNY bubble domes
Cover image adapted from: @parkroyalcollectionmarinabay