Watch FIFA World Cup 2018 in Singapore
If you’re not planning to subscribe to cable TV anytime soon, then you’ll be scrambling to find a trustworthy site to stream the FIFA World Cup 2018. But as luck would have it, live streaming is always laggy – you don’t want to be cursing a frozen screen when your favourite team is just about to take a corner.
Instead of watching alone at home, cheer on the World Cup’s live matches at CHIJMES. Bars and restaurants like El Mero Mero and Harry’s Bar will be screening the World Cup with plenty of drink promos and dining discounts. You can also win Budweiser World Cup premiums and various other prizes like dining vouchers at CHIJMES. Here’s what you can look forward from 14 June to 15 July:
Watch live screenings at CHIJMES
Image credit: @cathyoung21
Head straight to these selected bars and restaurants at CHIJMES during World Cup season to watch the live matches daily. They’ll be packed with action, so make sure you’ve got a drink in hand – super easy, thanks to all the dining and drink discounts. There’s also a massive screen on the Lawn so you can catch the players in motion as you get small bites from El Mero Mero.
- El Mero Mero: $10 nett shots on selected nights
Grilled skewers from The Modern Izakaya.
Whether you prefer grilled Japanese dishes from The Modern Izakaya or a steak from Paprika & Cumin, you can drink and feast to your heart’s content here.
- Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar: Wear a team jersey to enjoy 20% off your total bill
- Harry’s Bar: Bucket of Budweiser (5 bottles) at $49++
- Paprika & Cumin: Bucket of 6 bottled beers at $55++
- The Modern Izakaya: World Cup Food Menu from 10pm – 12am daily and 2 bottles of Singleton Whisky at $208++
- MOA Tiki New Zealand Bar & Grill: All-night happy hour
Image credit: The Berlin Bar & Restaurant
The restaurants and bars in Basement 1 will even have 3 giant TV screens at the alfresco areas so you can soak in the atmosphere with wind ruffling your hair. Here, you can cheer on your favourite team where there’ll be Spanish tapas and wine at newly-opened The Winery Tapas | Bar or lamb racks at The Berlin Bar & Restaurant.
There’ll also be American cuisine with pizzas and BBQ ribs for you to munch on at Bobby’s Restaurant and Bar.
- The Winery Tapas | Bar: 1 bottle of wine* with a choice of 2 tapas* at $58++ or 2 bottles of wine* with a choice of 3 tapas* at $98++
- The Berlin Bar & Restaurant: Bucket of Tiger Beer (5 bottles) at $50 nett or 1 Beer Tower at $79 nett
- Bobby’s Restaurant and Bar: 25% discount off the food bill with a minimum order of 1 main course until 9pm daily
*Selected wines and tapas only.
Get 10% off your bill at The Single Cask. Image credit: @teckjinlim
Other participating restaurants with dining deals include:
- Tonkatsu by Ma Maison: Unagi and Tonkatsu Set at $35.80++
- IndoChine CHIJMES: All-night happy hour
- The Single Cask: Wear a team jersey to enjoy 10% off with min. $50 spent
- Carnivore Brazilian Churrascaria: Wear a Brazil national team jersey for a complimentary glass of Guaraná Antarctica
Join contests to win prizes – beers, restaurant vouchers & body massages
Predict the World Cup winner (14 June – 15 July 2018, 6pm)
Image credit: @budweiser
Take a stab at guessing the winning team and if lady luck is on your side, you’ll be walking away with a stash of goodies. In collaboration with The Official Beer of 2018 FIFA World Cup – Budweiser – CHIJMES will be giving away a full-blown Budweiser 2018 World Cup Kit to 3 winners. This includes a jersey, backpack, apparel, and cooler bag. The same winners will also receive:1 case of Home 2.0 Beers from MOA Tiki New Zealand Bar & Grill
- 1 case of Home 2.0 Beers from MOA Tiki New Zealand Bar & Grill
- 5 x $10 Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar vouchers
- 1 x $50 Giardino Pizza Bar & Grill vouchers
If your name wasn’t drawn for the grand prize, then you might have a chance of winning some dinner vouchers anyway! 7 winners will receive 5 x $10 Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar vouchers and 1 x $50 Giardino Pizza Bar & Grill vouchers.
Simply get guessing slips at any of these 17 participating outlets in CHIJMES – each receipt will get you one slip and staple your receipt as proof. Then simply pop it the slip into the 3 contest boxes that are set up around CHIJMES.
Results will be announced via social media on 16 July.
Win contests on social media to make your nights better
Join all their social media contests too, since there’ll be one running every week of the World Cup. Keep a lookout on CHIJMES’ social media platforms to see how to enter – especially when prizes are as generous as this. There’ll be 3 winners every week, and each will win:
- 1 haircut at Shun Sakurai Hair & Beauty
- 1 4-Course Set Lunch for 2 pax at New Ubin Seafood
- Budweiser 2018 World Cup Kit
Each week’s winners will also have their own special prize:
- 1 x 120 minute Body Therapy Massage for 2 pax at Natureland Massage. Therapy (14 – 22 June)
- 1 x $20 dine-in vouchers for Privé (25 June – 5 July)
- and 1 pair of 1-week trial passes for 2 pax at Bold Fitness (6 – 15 July).
The World cup 2018 at CHIJMES
Image credit: CHIJMES
There’s no need to deal with laggy, frozen soccer players when you’re at one of CHIJMES’ restaurants – they’ll be screening the World Cup 2018 live on the big screen and the vibrant atmosphere will make it feel like you’re in the bleachers cheering them on. Add a bunch of dining promos and stellar prizes like theirs, and there’s every reason to head to CHIJMES for their live screenings.
Capitol Piazza will also be screening selected matches at their first floor, Galleria. For more details, please visit here.
This post was brought to you by CHIJMES.