How to snag discounts on your 12.12 and Xmas hauls
Just like that, we’re fast approaching the end of 2021. December is the month of sales, as droves of deals and discounts flood your favourite online stores and ecommerce platforms. Cue the mad scramble to kope as many discount codes and coupons as possible to snag that perfect present in time for Christmas.
This December, make those online shopping dreams a reality with these four ways to squeeze more discounts out of your year-end hauls so you can live the luxe life at just a fraction of the cost.
1. Buy now, pay later with Atome
Buy now, pay later (BNPL) is all the rage these days, letting you pay for your purchases in bite-sized, monthly payments. With Atome, you’ll get to split your bills into three monthly payments with 0% interest. What’s more, you don’t just split up your payment – you get to enjoy extra discounts to offset the overall amount you pay!
Image credit: SHEIN, Zalora
This 12.12, Atome is offering you an extra 12% off most of its partner shops, such as Zalora, SHEIN, ezbuy, Sephora, BHG and TANGS. And if you’re a new user, you get to enjoy exclusive deals, including $8 off Zalora purchases (min. spend of $40) and $10 off SHEIN orders (min. spend of $30).
Read on to find out more about Atome’s exclusive 12.12 deals below.
2. Use Honey to suss out codes from all over the Internet
Image credit: Honey
You might already have a nifty little cashback extension working for you on the side, but Honey is one more browser extension that you’ll want to keep on your radar – especially if you’re perpetually adding items to your cart. Honey’s modus operandi is simple: it works silently in the background to pull together valid discount codes for you to use when you shop online.
Honey sits snugly in your web browser with your other extensions
Image credit: Kelvin Eng
Once installed, Honey can even dig up discount codes from places you never thought to look – simply click on the little ‘h’ icon above your bookmark bar and Honey will show you a list of codes that are available for use.
Honey displays a dropdown list of available codes, simply copy the codes you want to your clipboard, and you’re good to go!
Image credit: Kelvin Eng
3. Check #sgdeals, #sggiveaway, and other related hashtags to kope discounts and promotions
The “Explore” page of #sggiveaway
Image credit: Instagram
Instagram is more than just a social media platform for sharing cute shots of your #ootd and videos of your cat having the zoomies at 3AM. It’s also a hub for offers and deals, and the secret lies in its hashtags.
Key hashtags to keep in mind are #sgdeals and #sggiveaway. The former collates all public posts promoting brand deals and discounts, while the latter pulls together all ongoing giveaways.
Pro-tip: To save time, open Instagram on your browser and key in the hashtags to view the latest promotions at a glance.
4. Camp for flash sales & discount codes
Flash sales have truly inculcated a culture of camping for codes in Singapore. With vouchers containing very generous discounts released once every few hours from 12AM onwards, the only solution is to camp for them.
With 12.12 just around the corner, you can fully expect the same flash sales shenanigans to happen yet again.
Here are some quick tips to help you snag the best deals:
- Activate notifications for flash sales. Major ecommerce platforms should give you the option to turn on push notifications to remind you when a flash sale rolls around.
- Add all items you want to buy to your cart before the sale. When the sale begins, simply check out straight away.
- Set reminders for themed sales such as electronics, beauty, and fashion. Deals are doled out by theme at different dates and times, so you’ll want to set alarms for the sales you’re interested in.
- E-commerce platforms usually have e-wallets tied to their apps that will grant you extra discounts for paying with them, so make sure your wallets are topped up.
Use Atome to pay for your purchases with a peace of mind
Image credit: Atome
Even with all the discounts and offers stacked up, you may just find yourself in hot soup if your pay hasn’t been credited to you just yet. Luckily for you, Atome lets you split your purchases into three monthly payments to give you more breathing room.
Win limited-edition AtomexASTRO merchandise
Image credit: Atome
Heads up if you’re an ASTRO stan: ASTRO is collaborating with Atome as its first-ever global brand ambassador! And more than just bringing ASTRO to Singapore, the collaboration has birthed a range of limited-edition AtomexASTRO merch that you can get your hands on.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Spot ASTRO in town
- Snap a photo or take a video with ASTRO
- Upload the photo or video to your profile publicly and tag @atome.sg
- Include the hashtags #owntheextraordinary and #atomexastro to your post
- In your caption, state which of these two items you wish to win:
- Jinjin’s coveted headphone
- The airfryer of Rocky’s dreams
Two lucky winners will be selected to win the prizes of their choice.
Atome’s exclusive 12.12 deals
Shop for the Bruno Multi-grill pot from TANGS
Image credit: @brunohotplatesg
That’s not all, Atome has got some exclusive deals for you to look forward to on 12.12. With over 5,000 leading online and offline retailers across fashion, beauty, lifestyle, fitness and homeware onboard the Atome ship, you’re bound to find deals that float your boat.
Apart from the previously mentioned 12% off for most of its partner shops, below are other promotions you can prep for:
- Zalora (6th – 15th Dec 2021)
- All users
- 12% off, capped at $10 (auto-applied)
- 28% off with voucher code: ATOME12ZAL (min. spend of $80)
- New Atome users: $8 off (min. spend of $40)
- All users
- SHEIN (3rd – 12th Dec 2021)
- All users: $4 off (min. spend of $40)
- New users: $10 off (min. spend of $30)
- ezbuy (4th – 12th Dec 2021)
- All users: $9 off (min. spend of $80) – One redemption per user
- All checkouts with Atome will entitle you to a lucky draw for a chance at winning $50 Toast Box vouchers (30 winners only)
- Sephora Hauliday Spree (9th – 12th Dec 2021)
- Up to $60 off* + up to extra $12 off^ with Atome
^New users: $12 of min spend $60, online and in-stores
^All users: $8 off min spend $80 (online only)
*$20 off min spend $120, $40 off min spend $200, $60 off min spend $250
- BHG (in-store sale, until 31st Dec 2021)
- New users get 10% off with min. spend of $40, capped at $10
- Existing users 5% off with min. spend of $40, capped at $10
- BHG (online sale, 10th – 16th Dec 2021)
- Up to $120 off + free Atome-exclusive The Marmalade Pantry petite vouchers
Atome exclusive vouchers:
- 10th – 12th Dec: $30 off min. spend $200
- 13th – 16th Dec: $20 off min. spend $200
- 10th – 16th Dec: $120 off min. spend $400
Atome-exclusive gifts from The Marmalade Pantry Petite & more:
- With any purchase: Free beverage voucher (worth $8.50)
- With min. spend $200: Free Pastry Set voucher (worth $15)
- With min. spend $400: Free Beauty Kit (worth $100)
- Atome x The Marmalade Pantry exclusive Petite Afternoon Tea Set for Two for $59 + free delivery + free Bodum travel Mug (worth $16.80)
- TANGS (Until 31st Dec 2021)
- Extra $10 off when you shop TANGS’ The Christmas Store
- Existing users get $10 off with min. spend of $200
- New users get $10 off with min. spend of $40
You’ll find the full list of 12.12 promos on Atome here.
Celebrate Christmas with Atome from now till 2nd Jan 2022
To celebrate the season’s festivities, Atome is playing Santa and doling out a couple of discounts and giveaways as well. Look forward to their 12 Days of Christmas surprises on the app and you might be walking with daily prizes worth up to $100.
Image credit: Atome
Shop with Atome and you might just win yourself a Business Class trip and up to $250,000 worth of prizes from the likes of an iPhone 13 Pro, PRISM+ Monitor, Everdesk Max, Ergotune Chair and more!
Here’s what you’ll need to know to put yourself in the running:
- From now till 12th Dec 2021: Submit your Christmas wishlist in the app – top submissions will be selected.
- From now till 2nd Jan 2022: Register for the giveaway and make transactions on Atome. Each transaction is one chance at winning.
Giveaway aside, these are some other deals you’ll be privy to:
- $20 off for new Atome users
- Claim a Christmas ice cream
Now that you’re armed to the teeth with tricks to score discounts on your purchases, all that’s left to do is wait for 12.12’s arrival. In the meantime, check out all the deals you can expect to find on Atome in the link below.