TSL FULL-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITIES
This is our regularly updated page for job vacancies at the five companies under TSL Media - TSL, Eatbook, Zula, MSN and LST events. We are looking to fill these full-time positions.
- Business Development / Sales (TSL Media)
- Content Strategist (TSL Media)
- Social Media Specialist (TSL)
- Software Engineer (TSL Media)
- Marketing Executive
- Writer (Eatbook)
- Video Producer (Zula)
FT positions are only available to applicants with at least 2 years working experience. More info here. If you're a fresh graduate and need to pick up working experience first, consider our internship programs below which can fast-track you to FT in 6 months. For an inside look at TSL with video interviews of our team, check out our TalentTribe feature.
We are looking to fill these 6 internship positions.
- Writer (Eatbook)
- Video post-production editor (TSL TVC department)
- Video producer (MSN)
- Media Monitoring Analyst (TSL Content Strategy Department)
- Software Engineer (TSL IT Department)
- Graphic Designer (TSL Creative Department)
We receive a ton of applications a month so please read these instructions carefully to increase your chances of getting an interview. Our next internship batch starts in June/July 2018 and you can start applying now.
- All interns have to commit to a 6 month long internship, no exception. If you're still in school and a confused millennial, take a gap semester. It may be the best decision you make.
- For those looking for industrial attachments, we regularly work with unis and polys and if your course is relevant, you can take up our internship as part of your school's attachment. We've worked officially with NTU Wee Kim Wee, NUS FASS, SMU, SP Mass Comm, NYP, etc
- All positions need a portfolio. Journalist interns should share writing samples. Video producers should include links to their videos. Creatives should include links to their photography work. Advertising executives have to score 18/20 on this test to get an interview.
If you have an interest in pursuing a career in the media industry, TSL is where you'll get to learn first-hand from the leading lifestyle publisher in Singapore. You don't have to be super experienced, but you must show strong potential as these are competitive positions. We'll teach you everything else. If you still can't imagine what your first job would be after you graduate, this internship may just help you figure that out.
We are a young start-up with a dynamic working environment. You will not be chucked in a corner and left to do menial work. Our interns are mentored by experienced full-timers and you will be given hands-on experience and opportunities. The office culture is super open and collaborative so many graduate with lifelong friends as well.
If you're looking to just 'play', this is not the internship for you. We look for applicants with a mature attitude towards work, who'll put in their 100% during their internship. If you get triggered when people give you feedback, please do not apply because we are not about to entertain your ego. We value interns who recognise that in every job, there are also the less fun parts that require self-discipline.
WHICH COMPANY SHOULD I APPLY FOR?
Please familiarise yourself with the content of the company you're applying for or you won't do well in the interview. TSL positions are especially competitive. If you don't have a strong portfolio, you can apply to work at a few of our companies to increase your chances of getting an interview. The creative/TVC roles require the most technical skill so we have linked references that indicate the standard we look for.
TSL editorial content examples:
- Singapore To London By Train In 17 Days Under $1,600
- Cartoon Network Is A Pop-Up Festival At Gardens by The Bay With We Bare Bears
- 10 Highest Mountains To Climb Near Singapore
TSL video/creative team examples:
- Singaporeans Try: Primary School Questions
- An NTU Hall Love Story
- How much does it cost to own an HDB?
EB editorial content examples:
- Fatty Bom Bom Undercover Review - Halal-Certified Western Food With Big Portions
- Shabu En Review: First Kyushu-Style Beef Ring Hot Pot In Singapore
- Llaollao Returns To Singapore In June 2018 At Changi Airport
EB video/creative content examples:
- What's New At Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar 2018
- CHEAP VS EXPENSIVE: Instant Noodle Taste Test
- Artbox 2018 Must-Try Food Stalls
Zula editorial content creates:
- How I Almost Swiped Left To My Boyfriend Of 1 Year 2 Months On Tinder
- My Husband Died In A Crash While I Was Pregnant
- 10 Unspoken Rules Every SQ Cabin Crew Wish Passengers Knew
Zula video/creative content examples:
- She Raised 3 Kids From Different Fathers | Inspiring Women in Singapore
- We Flew To Korea And Rented An OPPA For A Day
- Trying The Extreme Ripped Jeans Trend Walking Along Orchard Road
MSN editorial content examples:
- 14 Mahathir Facts You’ll Need To Know, Since He’s Become Malaysia’s Prime Minister Again
- Taxi Driver Sends Elderly Sex Worker From Geylang Home For Free And The Unexpected Happens
- Girl Doesn’t Do Her Homework And Is Late For School. Her Father Is Proud And Netizens Love It
- There’s A 27-Hour Marvel Movie Marathon That Ends With Avengers: Infinity War
MSN video/creative content examples:
- America First, Singapore Second
- Why Singaporeans Love DPM Tharman
- Can We Hi-Five President Halimah?
- Presidential Contestant Farid Khan - How I Met My Wife
Lifestyle Writers - A July 2018 position is open.
At TSL, your work will include writing articles around things to do, events, new products, interviews, etc. You need to be a versatile storyteller for this position and only the very best will get to travel.
Food Writers - July 2018 positions are open.
At Eatbook.sg you really need to love food. You'll be doing undercover reviews on the newest restaurants/cafes, writing listicles etc.
Female-centric Writers - July 2018 positions are open.
At Zula.sg, you must have an interest in writing about female-centric content such as beauty, fashion, relationships, female-inspiration etc.
At MustShareNews.com, you want to help more young Singaporeans be aware of what's going on. This includes repackaging current affairs to make news more relatable to young readers
One of our three studios in the office for filming and shoots.
YouTube producer - July 2018 positions are open across our companies.
Producing content for our YouTube channel as a videographer/editor. You need basic experience for this position so you need to show us videos you've filmed on your own outside of school. Positions are open for Zula (view channel), Eatbook (view channel), MSN (view channel) and TSL (view channel). Have a look at the channels first to decide which you'll like to apply for.
TVC producer - A July 2018 position is open.
Helping to assist in the production of TVCs, short-films and other high production commercial work as a videographer/editor. You need to have intermediate experience for this position. Here's a demo reel of an applicant we accepted recently. Your work has to be around this standard to be accepted.
Creatives - A July 2018 position is open.
You must have an eye for aesthetics. Your work will include photography, product styling, fashion shoots, Facebook videos, stop motion, cinemagraphs, design etc. Here's a portfolio of a recent applicant we accepted.
Our strategist team ideating in our chill area!
Advertising Executives / Content Strategists - A July 2018 position is open.
Ideation, pitching, content strategy, marketing strategy. You have to score 16/20 on this quiz first.
Events Management / PR - A July 2018 position is open.
Handle logistics and set-ups for events, event planning, liaising with partners etc.
Admin Assistant- A June/July 2018 position is open.
This is most suitable for meticulous individuals who have not had a job before and want to pick up some working experience. It's also suitable for people who really want to join TSL and will work hard, but don't have a portfolio for any of the positions above. You'll be allowed to learn from different departments after you're done with your daily duties. But fair warning - this position involves a lot of data entry and is more similar to a temporary admin job.
When it comes to learning, you have an insatiable child-like appetite for knowledge and you find yourself scrolling through Wikipedia more than IG stories. You'll be in charge of providing research to our team for the more difficult technical topics. This could range from anything from "How to buy a car in Singapore" to "Solving the mystery of McDonald's fried chicken which suddenly disappeared.".
WHADDUP SINGAPORE POLY! Our ex-interns turned full-timers Producer @mynameisfauzi and Deputy Editor @joycestarbean just visited SP to give a talk about internships! They were accompanied by fresh SP grad @renaecjc (an ex-intern with us) to share their internships experiences. Pssst... We are open towards holding career talks in schools so hit us up! (: #tslintern