Recipes for Cheese Lovers
If you’re like me and enjoy grocery shopping even though your pantry’s already fully stocked, chances are you would have seen Perfect Italiano’s range of cheeses in the supermarkets. Personally I prefer cheeses with milder tastes, especially those hot, toasty and melted ones fresh from the oven.
I love the versatility of cheeses which have the potential to amp up any dish. In this recipe guide I’ll show you two super simple cheese dishes anyone can attempt. We hope these recipes will be helpful even for our readers who have not baked before! Go get your baking gloves on!
Recipe 1: Strawberry Nutella Grilled Cheese Toast
My friend being the hardcore fan of cheese she is, requested for something a little different from the usual cheese dishes which she could easily find for breakfast outside any cafe or restaurant. Breakfast can get boring and sometimes you are just too lazy to leave the house or spend half the morning toiling over getting the perfect pancakes. Trust me, I know that feeling all too well.
ohhhhhh what should I cook today?
Nutella and strawberries are a perfect couple and I thought why not add a mild and stretchy cheese with the combo and grill the whole sandwich till all the insides warm up, melt and come together? I was pretty sure my friend would be a fan. Perfect Italiano’s Mozzarella is known to be perfect for lasagnes and for the stretch it gives to dishes while not being overpowering. That was just what I needed for this grilled cheese toast!
This Grilled Cheese sandwich is the perfect lazy weekend breakfast choice. Encasing Nutella, strawberries and Perfect Italiano’s Mozzarella cheese, this sandwich is toasted and grilled to perfection with complementary sweet and savoury flavours taking centre stage.
Strawberry Nutella Grilled Cheese Toast Recipe
Ingredients (serves one)
- 2 slices bread (any type to your preference)
- Strawberries, sliced (get the sweet Korean varieties)
- A few slices of Perfect Italiano’s Mozzarella Block
2. Arrange the strawberry slices evenly across both/one side.
3. Place the Mozarella slices on top of the Nutella and strawberry slices. Double layered if you’re the extra-cheesy type.
4. On medium heat, melt a pat of unsalted butter in a non-stick pan. Swirl pan to even.
5. Place the sandwich into the pan and adjust the heat to low. You want to grill it long enough for the insides to be heated up and a golden brown char on the bottom side. When one side is done, flip the sandwich and grill it similarly. Add more butter to the pan if needed.
6. Slice, marvel at your work and serve with a side of fresh fruits for a breakfast of champions.
Look at how the cheese melted perfectly in the sandwich with perfect stretchiness!
A good melty cheese dish never fails to light up any day with its heartiness. I love how Perfect Italiano’s Mozzarella gave the grilled cheese toast the perfect twist with its mild flavor yet stretchiness. My friend swooned when we split the sandwich and the melted cheese oozed out.
Rather than snacking on fried potato chips, simple recipes like this provide a much healthier alternative. And not to mention delicious – even my non-cheese eating mum couldn’t stop munching on them. Time for some instagram glory before we move on to the next recipe!
Recipe 2: Herbed Parmesan Cheese Crisps
The next recipe uses Perfect Italiano’s Parmesan Block. These Herbed Parmesan Cheese crisps are so simple to make, as long as you have an oven, you’re good to go. All you need are two ingredients and you have a savoury snack which is great also with salads, soups or pastas.
So this recipe is perfect for those who want to do minimal cooking yet enjoy a delicious fuss-free treat.
Herbed Parmesan Cheese Crisps Recipe
- Perfect Italiano’s Parmesan Block
- Mixed herbs
1. Prepare a baking tray and cover in greaseproof paper. Alternatively, spray liberally with cooking spray.
2. Preheat oven at 175C.
3. Grate the parmesan block finely.
4. Add a tablespoon of mixed herbs (amount up to personal preference) to the grated cheese and mix well.
5. Divide the mixture into rounds on the baking tray leaving some space between each disk.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes (time depends on thickness) or until they are golden brown. Be careful not to burn them!
7. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool and crisp up before storing in an air-tight container.
Almost everything taste better with cheese. And you now have the recipe for the perfect topping for that extra oomph. This Herbed Parmesan Cheese Crisps recipe can single-handedly transforms an average meal into a delicious one oozing with delightful cheesy goodness.
Want to enjoy awesome meals like this?
Perfect Italiano has a wide range of cheeses to cater to different occassions, tastes and dishes. It’s great how cheese is so versatile and you can incorporate it in so many dishes, even desserts! If you’ve ran out of ideas, not to worry, you can always count on the recipes Perfect Italiano has.
Check out more Perfect Italiano recipes on their site – http://perfectitaliano.com.sg/recipes
This post was brought to you by Perfect Italiano.