About USS Halloween Horror Nights 4
TheSmartLocal team received an exclusive invitation to the USS Halloween Horror Nights 4 launch, to bear witness to the inauguration of Minister Jonah Goodwill to office.
Faced with such an influential figure, Miranda and I could not resist taking a photo with the man himself, and we were the lucky few who managed to get upclose with Jonah Goodwill. We even tried to get him to pose with us, only to be glared at instead.
That stern look in his eye and his dubious last name, coupled with his complete silence the entire ceremony should have been warning signs for us but yet, we remained completely oblivious of what was to come.
As with all inauguration ceremonies, members of the media were given time for a question and answer session with the newly elected Minister of the common world. That’s when things start to get heated.
A troublemaker tried to break on stage, accusing the Minister of being an imposter and threw a weapon at the Minister to attack him. The Minister swiftly deflected it, sets the troublemaker ablaze and the hall broke into chaos.
With the assailant subdued and the fire under control, Minister Jonah Goodwill finally emerged from the shadows and revealed his true face of evil.
What we thought to be Democracy for all mankind turns out to 'Demoncracy', an uprising and new social order. From city centres to schools and army barracks, demons will be awakened, clowns and fairy tales will turn loony, and urban legends will come alive.
Scott D. Peterson (Senior Producer) and Jason Ramsburg (Creative Director) then took the stage to unveil details on the Halloween Horror Nights 4 that they have been meticulously planning for since last November.
What to expect at HHN4
HHN4 will deliver the most number of event nights, and the most number of haunted houses and scare zones this year since launching in Singapore in 2011.
HHN4 will feature 4 haunted houses, 4 scare zones, 444 scare actors and 13 nights of horror from 3 October to 1 November 2014 on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. For the first time ever, USS HHN4 will also have its first ever 3D haunted house for the most immersive horror fright fest ever.
This year’s haunted houses are:
- Jack’s 3 Dementia – Coulrophobia strikes as you enter the 3D world of a loony killer clown. This is also Singapore's first-ever 3D haunted house. With 3-D glasses on, you will be transported into a psychedelic experience.
- Jing’s Revenge – Bullying in school takes a nasty twist when Jing returns to torment anyone who walks through her corridors. This haunted house is designed to resemble the pre-war schools with eerie, dilapidated classrooms.
- Mati Camp – Inspired by local urban NS tales, expect to be haunted by soldiers who have been put through sadistic trainings.
- The L.A.B. (Laboratory of Alien Breeding) – You will uncover evil aliens designed to extinguish the human race are born in test tubes.
A new show will also be debuting at Pantages Hollywood Theater for the period of Halloween. Jack’s Nightmare Circus will feature aerial acrobats, contortionists and other freaky friends. Gordo Gamsby, a 9-time Guinness World Record holder for doing bizarre feats, will be one of the acts here.
Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Information
Event Dates & Times
3-5, 10-11, 17-18, 22-25, 31 Oct, 1 Nov 2014, 7:30pm - 1:30am
- General Admission $68
- Early Bird Promo $60 (limited time offer)
- Frequent Fear Pass $118 (includes 7 nights of fear and a themed mug worth $18)