TheSmartLocal is an independently owned media publisher that focus on travel and lifestyle stories for Singaporeans. It gives locals trustedy hyper-local information on what to do in and out of their country. It is one part blog/magazine with editorial content and one part community review database where members can have their say about everything Singapore.
TheSmartLocal also has its own video channel - TheSmartLocalTV, its own mobile discount app SNATCH and they have expanded their online publication regionally into Malaysia and Australia.
- Monthly Website views: 1.1 Million Unique Visitors, 2 million hits
- Monthly Facebook Reach: 4 million+
- Facebook Followers: 175,000+
- YouTube Subscribers: 58,000+
- Instagram Followers: 38,000+
- Campaign Conceptualisation
- Editorial Coverage with Full Analytic Reports
- Professional Photography
- Video Production and Promotion - YouTube/Facebook
- Event Organisation
- Talents & Hosting
- Digital Media Consultation
- Custom Publishing
- Influencer Marketing
Timeline & Milestones:
- August, 2012 - TheSmartLocal.com is founded
- January, 2013 - TheSmartLocal.com hits 100,000 unique visitors a month
- June, 2013 - TheSmartLocal expands to Malaysia
- January, 2014 - Our YouTube channel, TheSmartLocal TV is started.
- January, 2015 - TheSmartLocal.com hits 1,000,000 unique visitors a month
- February, 2015 - TheSmartLocal expands to Australia.
- August, 2015 - TheSmartLocal launches SNATCH, a discount Mobile App.
- December, 2015 - TheSmartLocal Facebook hits a record 10 million reach a week.
- January, 2016 - TheSmartLocal hits 1 million YouTube views a month
TheSmartLocal was founded by Bryan Choo, an entrepreneur with a passion for travel, food, writing and film making. It was may seem like a mixed bag of skills, but fortunately he was able to apply all these into the creation of this portal.
He enjoyed using sites like TripAdvisor but found out the reviews were all written by foreigners and thus misrepresentative of the true local experience. He felt it was the locals who knew their country the best, but there was no portal that provided the true local voice. Hence TheSmartLocal was created, to build a hyper-local resource from the inside-out that locals and foreigners could use.
TheSmartLocal has since grown into one of the most influential online media publishers in Singapore. We were fortunate enough to be joined by some very young and talented individuals, who have helped us get to where we are today. Here are the people behind TheSmartLocal.
The People Behind TheSmartLocal
(Bios to be added soon)
Our Press Coverage
- techinasia - "Be a Smarter Local With TheSmartLocal.com"
- yahoo - "12 Startups in Asia That Caught Our Eye"
- e27 - "TheSmartLocal offers quality reviews on restaurants, tourist spots and shopping establishments"
- tnooz - "TheSmartLocal aims to eliminate fake reviews and adopts blog style for quality reviews"
- webintravel - "The Smart Local - using local communities to build trusted review sites across Asia"
- theonlinecitizen - "The fast growing local review site"
If you would like to get in touch with us, you can contact us here.