Things To Do

This Low-Key Art Gallery Is Located In A Bugis Shophouse & Has Free Exhibitions For Art Lovers

Cuturi Gallery – Free art exhibitions in Bugis


Most people would think of the National Gallery or Singapore Art Museum when asked about art galleries to visit in our city. However, ask those who are in the know and Cuturi Gallery would be one of the top mentions. 

If supporting works of lesser-known artists and frequent rotational exhibitions catch your attention, it’s time to visit this indie art gallery along Aliwal Street.


Admire art from local & international rising stars



Local artist, Afiqa A’mran.
Image credit: @cuturigallery via Instagram

This quaint gallery was founded by art lover and former Amazon employee Kevin Troyano Cuturi in 2019. 

While hosting exhibitions by different artists is exactly what you’d think an art gallery does, Cuturi Gallery aims to be more than that. 

We all know how intransparent and messy the art world can be regarding artist payouts. Here, they have an initiative that supports emerging local artists. 80% of profits go to the artist, while the other 20% goes to funding the future of the artists endorsed by c/discoveries.


Rotating exhibits artsy folks will appreciate


You don’t have to drop by here just once, as the exhibits are refreshed every couple of months or so. So the next time you drop by, there might be something new to check out. 


Image credit: @cuturigallery via Instagram

Currently, “The Exchange Of Small Gifts” by London-based artist Elspeth Vince is on show from now till 2nd July. Be prepared to see lots of skin in the form of self-portraits and body anatomy – but don’t worry, it’s still SFW. That’s because the artist’s paintings touch on the theme of self-relationships and the impacts of the male gaze. 


Image credit: Cuturi Gallery


Visiting Cuturi Gallery



Image credit: @cuturigallery via Instagram

Aesthetics won’t be the only reason you’re here. You’d be in for a great storytelling experience too, since the artworks here represent the artist’s raw thoughts and perspectives. You don’t have to be an art expert, either – the friendly gallery managers are always available to take you through the exhibitions. 

So if spending the afternoon at a gallery surrounded by inspirational pieces sounds like the perfect leisure activity for you, head to Cuturi Gallery the next time you get the chance. 

Getting here: 11-minute walk from Bugis MRT Station. You can also take Bus 107 from “Opposite The Gateway” bus stop and alight at “Opposite Textile Centre” bus stop.

Find out more about Cuturi Gallery

Cuturi Gallery
ADDRESS
61 Aliwal St, Singapore 199937
Opening Hours: Saturday Open 24 Hours Show More Timings Hide
Monday 07:30 a.m - 07:30 a.m
Wednesday Open 24 Hours
Thursday Open 24 Hours
Friday Open 24 Hours
Saturday Open 24 Hours
Sunday Closed
GOOGLE REVIEWS
4.8
(40)
CONTACT INFORMATION

The Exchange Of Small Gifts
Date: Till 2nd July 2023

Address: 61 Aliwal Street, Singapore 199937
Opening hours: Tue-Sat 12pm-7pm | Sun 12pm-6pm (Closed on Mondays)
Contact: 8182 0214 | Cuturi Gallery website

More for artsy folks:


Cover image adapted from: @chasbuduo via Instagram, @cuturigallery via Instagram

Ong Yee Ching

Recent Posts

Tanjong Beach Has A Sunset Cinema With Dinner, Booze & Movies Under The Stars Till May

There's even a free shuttle service from the cinema to Harbourfront MRT.

April 18, 2024

14 Beautiful Mosques In SG – Matrix-Like Design, Aesthetic Domes & Turkey-Inspired Architecture

You don't have to be Muslim to step into these mosques in Singapore.

April 17, 2024

11 Things In Singapore That Feel Illegal But Aren’t

We can see you fake sleeping on that priority seat.

April 17, 2024

Jurong Drive-In Cinema: Singapore’s First Ever Open Air Theatre & Popular Paktor Spot In The 70s

You might be too young to know about the Jurong Drive-In Cinema, but it was…

April 17, 2024

14 Best Phone Repair Shops In Singapore To Fix Smartphones & Broken Screens

Here are the best mobile phone repair shops in Singapore to get your smartphones and…

April 17, 2024