Paradiso Restaurant and Bar at Quayside in Sentosa Cove is next to the new W Hotel, and brings with it a touch of the Mediterranean with dishes inspired by the cuisines of Italy, Greece, and France.
Paradiso Restaurant and Bar Hot
User Ratings Summary
User rating summary from: 1 user(s)
Great Food Ruined By Inconsistent Service
With its name invoking a mental image of "Paradise" and "Heaven", Paradiso Restaurant & Bar strives to bring a touch of Mediterranean cuisine and attitude to Quayside Isle in Sentosa Cove. And while it does hit many high notes, my visit to Paradiso Restaurant & Bar also left a bad impression as well.
Situated along the waterfront in Quayside Isle, Paradiso Restaurant & Bar offers scenic waterfront dining, keeping diners cool even during the day with well positioned, powerful ceiling mounted fans. Furniture is modern, casual and functional, and decor is rustic yet chic, akin to a chill out drinking spot / bar. However, the roof of the facade isn't sufficient to shelter the outermost seats from rain.
I struggled with the service at Paradiso Restaurant & Bar. Staff have varying levels of experience in the service industry, and lack of training shows in the junior staff, leading to service inconsistency. Staff are also overworked and stretched, as there are only 3 waitresses and 1 manager serving a full restaurant.
My high points I experienced with the service at Paradiso Restaurant & Bar include:
- Manager is observant and has initiative
- Staff are knowledgeable about the food offered on the menu
- Staff will assist to correct a dish that we sent back
- Staff are friendly and polite
My low points I experienced with the service at Paradiso Restaurant & Bar include:
- Staff are overworked and stretched, which makes them not attentive
- Our table was not set, or even cleaned properly, and we had to request for it to be done
- It's difficult to attract their attention as staff are rushing around, most diners we observed would just go over to the counter instead of trying to get their attention
- Our bill took more than 10 minutes to process, and eventually, we approached the counter to settle it, but nobody apologised, junior staff was brusque and rude
Cuisine at Paradiso Restaurant & Bar is a medley of inspiration from countries as diverse as France, Greece, Spain, Cuba, and Italy. Style of cooking is Mediterranean, with an emphasis on freshness of ingredients; vegetables, poultry and seafood; grilling, roasting and sauteing. Flavours are bold and clean, and most dishes are well balanced and tasty. Paradiso Restaurant & Bar is also known for their list of wines and cocktails.
Public transport to Paradiso Restaurant & Bar is troublesome, as you'll first have to make your way to Harbourfront, then to Sentosa's Beach Station, where there is a free shuttle to Quayside Isle every 30 minutes. Driving or cabbing is recommended. Because of the bad experience, she has sworn never to return, though I'll still be willing to visit, but only when the restaurant is empty, or if they hire more staff.