G7 Sinma Live Seafood Restaurant Hot
- G7 Sin Ma Live Seafood restaurant is well known for its Frog Porridge at Geylang Lorong 3 and which operates till late night
- 2nd floor dining area is air-conditioned and also serves frog leg porridge (spicy version is available)
- Eatery decor is basic and clean
- Tables ranging from small to big (suitable for large group of 10)
- More than 150 different dishes with the various seafood and meat dishes
User Ratings Summary
User rating summary from: 1 user(s)
Great Frog Leg Porridge...
Had the chance to dine at this eatery when a relative's birthday called for the occasion. First tjing that strikes me is the weird name ...G7 ? a grouping of 7 partners? And Sinma ? A collaboration between Singapore and Malaysia? Well... anyway... what a name.
When I reached the venue, did I realized this was a eatery that I drove by all these years without a 2nd look, ok, I admit, a glance perhaps. So will a meal change and convert me? Well... I must say the signature dish- fresh frog leg porridge was indeed delicious...then the deep fried spring chicken was well seasoned and nicely done...and the deep-fried prawn rolls were pretty good...the rest of the food we ate were a "blur"...much like what you experienced at Chinese wedding banquet... safe and "ok-la" type of feeling.. nothing with that superb encore quality to entice me back...
But that is not say that the food is no good...it's reasonably good stuff. The service were ...well, brisk. The ambience? ...nothing to shout about. Just a little cramp during peak hours and the aircon a bit wanting...The price ? reasonable and should not need re-mortgaging your home.
So what will I go back for ? Well...the frog leg porridge... yes...that dish.