Update on COVID-19 in Vietnam, 30th March 2020
Since our latest update on Friday (27th March), 41 new COVID-19 cases have been reported in Vietnam over the weekend.
On the other hand, 34 previously-confirmed COVID-19 patients who have been receiving treatment in Hanoi and Hồ Chí Minh City are confirmed to have fully recovered.
41 new COVID-19 cases in Vietnam as of 30th March morning
A visitor getting his temperature checked and hands sanitized before entering the Bạch Mai Hospital, Hanoi
Image credit: Mai Hoàng Hải
As of 9AM today, 30th March 2020, Vietnam has had a total of 194 COVID-19 cases, 41 of which were reported over the weekend. These include:
- 17 overseas arrivals, including both foreign tourists and Vietnamese nationals who were working or studying in other countries.
- 3 cases associated with Bar Buddha, a bar in Hồ Chí Minh City visited by several other COVID-19 patients before they were quarantined.
- 9 cases associated with the Bạch Mai Hospital, Hanoi. 2 nurses working at this hospital were confirmed positive last week.
- 11 cases who are staff of the Trường Sinh Company, Hanoi. This company provides services to the Bạch Mai Hospital.
- 1 case who is a journalist who previously interviewed a COVID-19 patient.
34 new recoveries
Patients at the Củ Chi Field Hospital giving flowers to a doctor before being discharged
Image credit: Quang Huy Lê
7 COVID-19 patients who were receiving treatment at the Củ Chi Field Hospital 70KM from Hồ Chí Minh City have now been declared free of the virus after testing negative 3 times in a row. They include:
- A 25-year-old man living in Tân Bình District, Hồ Chí Minh City who was confirmed positive on 13th March.
- A 53-year-old man from the Czech Republic who came to Vietnam on 10th March and was quarantined on 14th March after he started showing symptoms.
- A 36-year-old woman who lives in District 2, Hồ Chí Minh City who had flown back from Switzerland.
- A 28-year-old woman who lives in Gò Vấp District, Hồ Chí Minh City.
- A 21-year-old woman who lives in District 7, Hồ Chí Minh City. She had been studying abroad in the US before flying back to Vietnam.
- A 21-year-old woman living in Bình Thạnh District, Hồ Chí Minh City. She had an internship in Spain, returned to Vietnam on 16th March, and was confirmed positive on 20th March.
- A 48-year-old woman who lives in Bạc Liêu province. She returned to Vietnam from London on 15th March and was confirmed positive on 19th March.
4 of these patients were discharged from the hospital yesterday and the other 3 this morning. They will continue to be monitored by local medical staff.
The National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi also discharged 27 patients this morning. With this latest development, Vietnam has now had a total of 55 full recoveries as of 11AM, 30th March 2020 according to VNExpress.
COVID-19 patients in Vietnam
Although the number of new COVID-19 cases in Vietnam still continues to grow, we are already seeing major spikes in recoveries as well. As long as we all protect ourselves and the community by staying at home, avoiding public gatherings, and washing our hands regularly, Vietnam will stand strong against the pandemic.
For more COVID-19 stories, check out:
- Hanoi café delivers free coffee to frontline doctors
- All non-essential businesses closed in Vietnam’s metropolises
- Humble living conditions of Vietnam’s quarantine staff move netizens
Drop us your email so you won't miss the latest news.