Shirtless hotpot restaurant
The steamy soup and fresh meat at hotpot restaurants just hit different from our electric ones at home; maybe it’s the atmosphere or the fact that you don’t have to deal with the cleaning up afterwards.
Topless male models serve hotpot
In the early 2000’s, teens – including myself – would flock to the nearest Abercrombie & Fitch for a photo with the shirtless model. This restaurant in the Shanxi province offers the same excitement but with steaming fresh cuts of meat – and shirtless models of course.
Mr. Ma Yu, the owner of the establishment stated that members of the waitstaff are all models – making them the utmost candidates for the job. He also hopes to “bring visual enjoyment and pleasant experience to all the customers,” according to Ruptly.
The part-time employees make up to ฿1,878 (~USD61.97) every six hour shift. Yang Lei, a member of the staff, explained that this side-gig is the perfect opportunity for him to supplement his income as he used to be a model.
Gender equality in the form of male models
Netizens have criticised the restaurant’s business model – some claim that it is unhygienic while others state that this is sexist and is “materialising males”, according to South China Morning Post.
These shirtless hunks will even cook and serve you
Citizens refuted the claim by likening the restaurant to widespread maid cafes.
Image credit: Tokyo Weekender
For more articles on dreamy men:
- 76 Garage Is Using Hot Male Models As Deliverymen During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Myanmar Model That Won Thai Girls’ Hearts Will Be Hosting First Meet And Greet in Bangkok
- Thai Gym Owners Sell Durians After Gym Temporarily Closes Due To COVID-19
- The Dreamy Prince Of Brunei Is Looking For A Wife, Time For Single Ladies To Prep Their Resumes
- Volunteers Wear Ancient Thai Warrior Garb To Clean Up Chonburi Beach, Become Local Heroes
Featured image adapted from: Ruptly