Cannabis usage in Thailand
Over the past two years, Thailand has been progressing towards using CBD in food, medicine and even makeup. Recently, the nation’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has pushed for the chemical to be added to the National List of Essential Medicines. This would make Cannabis available for everyday usage by the general public.
Government approval in Thailand
The bill allows for usage of cannabis in ‘breakfast cereals, bakery products, beverages, snacks or butter as well as in food supplements”, said Ms. Boonserm, reported the Bangkok Post.
The announcement came shortly after the Ministry of Public Health’s unveiling of the Institute of Medical Marijuana. Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said the institute’s primary goal is to provide accurate information about the plant to the public, according to The Nation Thailand.
Mr. Charnivirakull mentioned that the FDA’s decision to add Cannabis to the National List of Essential Medicines is to provide the substance to those in need, as well as further develop research into the product.
The Minister also stated that there are over 300 community enterprises collaborating with the Ministry of Public Health to grow hemp and cannabis for medical purposes. Additionally, households can grow up to six cannabis plants after obtaining permission from medical authorities.
Safe and sustainable usage of Cannabis
Thailand’s government seems to be progressing towards mainstream use of cannabis. The ultimate goal is to promote sustainable usage of the plant, as well as creating a number of jobs.
While Cannabis does indeed have calming properties, it’s also important to maintain your own stress levels through conscious rest.
Read more about current happenings in Thailand here:
- Thai Woman Shows Up At Ex-Husband’s Wedding With Marriage Cert, Turns Out They Hadn’t Separated
- BKK’s New Automated Fare Collection System Set To Reduce BTS & MRT Prices By 30%
- Thais May Be Able ‘Name’ Their Cars With New Rule That Allows More Than 2 Characters On License Plates
- Stray Puppy Survives 50KM Ride Under Thai’s Car, Gets Adopted By Driver
- Thai Man Opens Pattaya Eatery With All Dishes At ฿30, Offers Cheap Meals For Those Struggling Amid Covid
Featured images adapted from: Mirror