Things to do in October 2021
We’re officially in the last quarter of 2021, and while we put our heads down to grind out the last few months, let’s not forget about unwinding and treating ourselves now and again. In case you think that new restrictions mean no new activities, here are 16 things to do in October 2021 before we transition into the new year.
1. Enjoy local craft beers at Changi Lounge’s Craft Beer Festival
Image credit: Changi Airport
Miss knocking down some cold ones with the buds? At Changi Lounge’s Craft Beer Festival, you can enjoy ice-cold beers from a selection of six one-of-a-kind flavours featuring a range of signature and seasonal brews from renowned local breweries like Brewerks.
- Each pass comes with six beer tasters, including two drafts on tap
- A craft beer appreciation segment to learn more about the brewing process.
Where: Changi Lounge, Jewel Changi Airport, 78 Airport Boulevard, Singapore 819666
When: Every Friday and Saturday from 17th September – 9th October 2021, 7.30PM-8.30PM
Book your tickets on Changi Airport’s website.
2. Experience the wilderness in a Mongolian Yurt
Image credit: @jeromememe
Outdoor lovers will want to check out this 2D1N wilderness experience where you get to spend the night in a Mongolian Yurt – a portable tent used by Mongolian nomads.
- Learn wilderness and survival skills such as starting a fire and cooking in the wild
- Movie night under the stars
Price: From $450/pax
Where: Ground Up Initiative Park, 91 Lorong Chencharu, Singapore 769201 (enter via ORTO)
When: Until end 2022
Book your tickets on Seek Sophie’s website
Note: During this period, participants can only sign up in groups of two if they’re from different households; 4 if they’re from the same household. Each experience is capped at 4-6 participants in total and all participants must be fully vaccinated. More details here.
3. Shop for Disney merchandise at Disney Tsum Tsum Pop-Up
Mickey Mouse fans, take note – the Disney Tsum Tsum Pop-Up is selling official merchandise along with Disney-themed arcade games for you to try your hand at.
- Photo ops with Disney characters
- Claw and scoop machines for you to win plushies
- A Tsum Tsum Tower where you can mix and match mini figurines from the 24 characters available
Where: #01-307 E!Avenue, Downtown East, 1 Pasir Ris Close, Singapore 519599
When: 11AM-10PM, Daily
4. “Travel” the world with Changi Airport’s replicas of landmarks
Changi Airport has IG-worthy backdrops from seven different countries and their famous landmarks as part of their free Around The World exhibition.
- Photo backdrops featuring Hong Kong’s Ding Ding Tram, Australia’s Surfers Paradise, and an iconic red telephone box from London
Where: Singapore Changi Airport, Airport Boulevard, Terminal 1 and 3
When: 1st September – 10th October 2021
5. Test your courage at USS’s Halloween Horror Nights
Image credit: Resorts World Sentosa
Halloween is around the corner and USS’ Halloween Horror Nights is back once again to bring you new thrills and scares. However, this year’s HHN will be an exhibition, paying homage to the iconic features from the last nine iterations of the event.
- Tricks or Trails, with zombified Candy Ambassadors offering a variety of Halloween-themed snacks such as the Dracula Sandwich and Evil Minion Puff
- Meet and greet iconic DreamWorks Animation characters like Po from Kung Fu Panda and Shrek
Price: From $69/adult
Where: Resorts World Sentosa, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269
When: 10th September – 7th November 2021
Book your tickets on Resorts World Sentosa’s website.
6. Visit the West’s newest nature corridor at Bukit Gombak Park
For those who stay in the West, Bukit Gombak Park is the newest nature park to open up that’s packed with outdoor activities.
- Bring your dogs to the 480sqm dog run
- Butterfly Garden with over 49 species of butterflies
- Nature-inspired playground for kids to let loose
- Whisk and Paddle, a cafe serving classic brunch fare like waffles and coffee
Where: Bukit Batok West Avenue 5 (Opposite Bukit Batok Driving Centre)
When: 24 hours, Daily
7. Enjoy an evening of laughter with circus act La Clique
Image credit: La Clique
La Clique is a circus, live musical, comedy, and cabaret show all in one, which has won numerous awards and sold out in cities like New York, Melbourne, and Montreal.
- Show-stopping acts such as sword-swallowing, fire breathing, and daredevil acrobatics
- Live music from the four-piece La Clique Palais Orkestra
Price: From $98
Where: Sands Expo and Convention Centre, 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956
When: Now till 7th November 2021
Book your tickets on Marina Bay Sands’ website.
8. Support local artists at a free art exhibition
Image credit: Plural
With You Here: Defamiliarizations is an art exhibition that features local emerging artists and their works. With photography that touches on themes such as sexuality, spirituality, and family, this exhibition will leave you thinking about what it means to be human.
- Floral arrangement workshop
- Cyanotype painting workshop
- Yantra cartography workshop
Price: Free admission for the main exhibition, with workshops starting from $25
Where: Chapel Gallery, 155 Middle Road, Singapore 188977
When: Now till 31st October 2021
Sign up and learn more about the workshops on Objectifs’ website.
9. Try your hand at water biking
Image credit: Waterbike SG
Waterbike Singapore is coming to Pasir Ris Park and they’re renting out their bikes for you to experience cycling on water. If you’re a non-swimmer who has FOMO, don’t worry, as life jackets will be provided to wear during the ride. Do note that participants will need to be eight years old and above!
- Bike around the waters of Pasir Ris Beach
- Go up to speeds of 15KM/H on the water
Price: Rental starts at $30/hour
Where: Pasir Ris Park Campsite 1, 159T Jalan Loyang Besar, Singapore 506927
When: 2nd October 2021 onwards
Book your tickets on Waterbike SG’s website.
10. Go green with SGF Hort Show
Image credit: Ortus Design
Organised by NParks, the SGF Hort Show is a flower and garden show with some of the best showcases of plants from around Singapore. It’s a hybrid event consisting of both online workshops and physical exhibits.
- Online marketplace featuring plants and gardening products
- Online talks and workshops
- Physical exhibits at Singapore Botanical Gardens (from 9th – 17th Oct) and Jurong Lake Gardens (from 23rd – 31st Oct) featuring plant competitions and showcases
- Singapore Botanical Gardens
- Jurong Lake Gardens
When: 9th – 31st October 2021
Visit NParks’ website to find out more.
11. Attend UNIQLO workshops from fragrance blending to embroidery
Image credit: UNIQLO
From 1st – 31st October, shoppers at UNIQLO’s flagship store in Orchard Central will stand the chance to be invited to the following in-store workshops:
- Fragrance Masterblend by Scent by Six (9th – 10th Oct)
- Learn to create your own room mist
- Furoshiki Wrapping by Janus Academy (16th – 17th Oct)
- Turn your old fabrics into food carriers or gift wrappers
- Upcycling Jeans by FIN Crafted Goods (23rd – 24th Oct)
- Learn to make coasters from old jeans
- Embroidery by Isabel Lim (30th – 31st Oct)
- Learn how to customise UNIQLO products with embroidery such as their AIRism mask
Where: #01-01 Orchard Central, 181 Orchard Road, Singapore 238896
When: 1st – 31st October 2021
12. Wind down with yoga by the beach at Sentosa
Image credit: Sentosa
Tired of home workouts where all the scenery you get is the clothes hanging from your neighbours’ window? Switch up the views with Sentosa’s Yoga by the Beach, suitable for both beginners and seasoned yoga practitioners. Just remember to bring your own yoga mat and water bottles along.
- $15 F&B voucher with each purchase of the yoga ticket, redeemable at the Interim Market at Southside
Where: Southside Beach, 80 Siloso Road, Singapore 098969
When: 6.30PM-7.30PM on 6th Oct, 20th Oct, 3rd Nov, 17th Nov 2021
Book your tickets on Sentosa’s website.
13. Stay active with Gudetama Egg-ercise Journey
Image credit: 42Race
Fitness enthusiasts will want to look out for the Gudetama Egg-ercise Journey virtual walkathon. After registration, you can walk anywhere at any time of the day until you hit various checkpoints, after which you’ll receive medals based on the checkpoints you’ve completed.
- Checkpoint ranges from 3KM to 50KM, so you’ll get a medal even if you only hit the first checkpoint
- Race pack with goodies like Gudetama t-shirt, towel, and drawstring bag
Price: Event entry is $39.90
Where: Anytime, anywhere at your own convenience
When: 1st October – 31st October 2021
Sign up for the walkathon on 42Race’s website.
14. Virtually solve a murder at Old Changi Hospital
Image credit: Sistic
Murder at Old Changi Hospital is a virtual escape room where you can play a detective attempting to solve a murder mystery at the haunted Old Changi Hospital. You’ll need your wits about you for this one, as this choose-your-own-adventure will have you finding clues throughout and attempting to solve the mystery at the end.
- Stand a chance to win a one-night staycation at Shangri-La Singapore’s Valley Wing Room when you solve the mystery
- The interactive choice format means that your experience will differ from your friends’
Price: From $45, with higher-tiered tickets giving you extra time and additional clues
When: 8th October – 7th November 2021
Book your tickets on Sistic’s website.
15. Go on board a spooky ghost ship cruise
Image credit: Klook
With October being the month of scares, it’s no surprise that everything has become Halloween-themed. Royal Albatross’ Ghost Ship Cruise combines the traditional experience of a normal cruise ship but with a horror movie twist.
- 2.5-hour long journey setting sail from Sentosa
- A Halloween-themed 3- or 6- course meal complete with free-flow soft drinks
- Bring your pet along on 27th October for a special one-night-only pet-themed event
Price: Starts at $195 per adult and comes with a three-course meal
Where: Resorts World Sentosa, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269
When: 27th – 31st October 2021
Book your tickets on Klook’s website.
16. Celebrate Halloween at the Museum of Ice Cream
MOIC’s Halloween in San Francisco
Image credit: Museum of Ice Cream
The Museum of Ice Cream will be having a limited-time event – Halloween at The Museum – to celebrate the spooky month of October.
- Installations will be converted into a haunted town with spooky decor and Halloween-themed ice cream treats
- Guests can come dressed in their best Halloween costumes
Price: $42/pax or $40/pax for a group of two
Where: 100 Loewen Road, Singapore 248837
When: 28th – 31st October 2021
Book your tickets on Museum of Ice Cream’s website.
Mark your calendars for October 2021
After working hard for three-quarters of the year, it’s about time to indulge a little and spend more time with your loved ones. From boarding a ghost ship to learning embroidery, there is much to do this October 2021 to keep you both occupied and entertained.
For more things to do this October, check out:
- USS and SEA Aquarium character meet-and-greets
- 123 things to do in Singapore
- Jumptopia inflatable playground
Drop us your email so you won't miss the latest news.