Quarantine period reduced in Thailand
Recently, the Government has implemented measures for international travel into Thailand, such as the ‘Special Tourist Visa’; however, the main hurdle that stops foreigners from visiting the Kingdom is the 14 Day Mandatory Quarantine period.
Thailand’s health minister shortens quarantine
Thailand’s Minister of Public Health, Anutin Charnvirakul announced earlier this week that foreign visitors that present a vaccination certificate proving they’ve been inoculated within 90 days of travelling and a negative Covid-19 test will only have to quarantine for 7 days, according to Reuters.
Persons with negative Covid-19 tests, but no vaccination certificate, will have to undergo a mandatory 10-day quarantine.
Thailand moves closer towards international tourism
The novel coronavirus has taken both lives and livelihoods – tourism based businesses have either paused operations or ceased them completely. With international visitors arriving, there is hope to recover the economy and peoples’ spirits.
Places to bookmark for your next visit to Thailand:
- Wat Arun: Bangkok’s Most Iconic Temple With Photogenic Architecture & Chao Phraya River Views
- ICONSIAM: BKK’s Ultra-Luxe Shopping Centre With An Indoor Floating Market
- Krabi’s Ao Thalane Is A Hidden Lagoon With Landscapes Straight From ‘Avatar’
- Sam Phan Bok Is Thailand’s Very Own Grand Canyon That 90% Tourists Don’t Know Exists
- Baan Rai Nai Rung: Dreamy Flower Field With IG-Worthy Photo Ops 2 Hours From BKK