Quarantine in Thailand’s beaches
Earlier this month, they announced the “Area Quarantine” program, which allows foreign visitors can spend their mandatory 14-day self-isolation period in a resort; so long as it’s located in Phuket, Krabi, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Surat Thani.
Tourists can self-isolate on a beach
Thailand’s Area Quarantine system will begin in April 2021. In addition to the fact that tourists no longer have to self-isolate in one of Bangkok, Mr. Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, Thailand’s Minister of Tourism, announced that they would be able to roam around the resort after 72 hours if they test negative for Covid-19.
Image credit: Thailandtravelogue
While the quarantine measures are relaxed, tourists still must provide:
- Certificate of Entry
- A Negative Covid-19 Test 72 Hours Before Their Flight
- Health Insurance Over $100,000
- Confirmed Booking of Alternate State Quarantine (ASQ)
Combatting the pandemic together
The system appears to be done in response to the economic consequences of Covid-19 on Thailand’s tourism industry; Lots of locals’ livelihoods have been devastated.
When visiting the Kingdom, please be mindful of how the locals have been affected by the disease and to treat them with respect and kindness. An extra ฿100 (~USD3.26) can go a long way.
For travel ideas in Thailand:
- Wat Arun: Bangkok’s Most Iconic Temple With Photogenic Architecture & Chao Phraya River Views
- Krabi’s Ao Thalane Is A Hidden Lagoon With Landscapes Straight From ‘Avatar’
- Erawan Museum Is A Gorgeous Must-Visit Spot Near BKK With Thai Fairytale Vibes
- Baan Rai Nai Rung: Dreamy Flower Field With IG-Worthy Photo Ops 2 Hours From BKK
- 8 Things To Do In Pai and Chiang Mai – Hot Air Balloon, Cave Exploring & Strawberry Farm