Koh Matsum in Thailand
Many think of Thailand as a tropical country full of beautiful beaches with lots of coconut trees – and they’re right. Typical beach activities include snorkelling, chilling and swimming; the island of Koh Matsum – or ‘Pig Island’ as many tourists call it – adds extra flair to your typical beach trip. It’s an island filled with adorable and friendly wild pigs.
This beautiful paradise is a 10-minute long-tailed boat ride away from Koh Samui.
Swim with pigs in Thailand
Image credit: @kulthalin
Animal lovers and thalassophiles will get the best of both worlds here – be greeted by little piglets while soaking in Koh Matsun’s crystal clear waters.
Image credit: @wkk0404
According to Sky Samui Tour, the pigs had to swim from a nearby island, Koh Taen to live here – that’s a 5km swim from Koh Samui.
Image credit: @kellysalvador__
Say “hi” to Piglet in real life. The pigs tend to shower guests with their adorable and sweetness – it seems they’re so friendly and used to people that they’ll even do some close-up shots for the gram.
Image credit: @luxuryvillasamui
The wild pigs live in families – which means more pigs for each person to hang out with.
Image credit: @aimm.travel
An island to be added to your list
Thailand’s truly filled with hidden gems from paradises to adorable animals that live on them.
This appealing island needs to be added to your bucket list, not only for the beautiful beach, but for the cute animal friends.
Who knows? It could be instant aaw-therapy and a holiday put in one.
Address: Taling Ngam, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani
Paradises around ASEAN:
- Marina South Pier: Ferry Rides To The Southern Islands For A Relaxing Weekend Getaway
- St John’s and Lazarus Island: Singapore’s Hidden Beach Getaway 45 Minutes From The Mainland
- 7 Islands And Beaches Near Thailand That Are Worthy Alternatives To Bora Bora & Maldives
- Thailand To Reopen Islands This August Including Phuket, Koh Phi Phi, & Koh Phangan
- 10 Lesser-Known Island Paradises To Visit In Thailand Once You’re Bored of Phuket And Krabi