COVID-19 inspired baby names
Image adapted from: Mahesh Kumar A.
COVID-19 is spreading fear and a myriad of difficulties for everyone around the globe, with us having to adjust to a “new normal”. The pandemic has made an impact on little ones too; newborns have to wear face shields and it seems like it’s inspired baby names too.
These parents in India decided to name their twins ‘Corona’ and ‘Covid’ after they were born during the nationwide lockdown.
Parents wanted their names to be unique
Image credit: Fallon Michael
The twins, a boy and girl, were born at a state hospital in Raipur on 27th March 2020. This was 2 days after the nationwide lockdown was implemented.
Because of the lockdown, the trip to the hospital from the state of Chhattisgarh was very difficult. The parents couldn’t find help from anyone as no one was able to head out during this time.
Image credit: Mahesh Kumar A.
Preeti Verma, the 27-year-old mom shared that she and her husband needed the names to be unique and memorable after the delivery was made during the difficult times amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
The father, Vinay Verma, also added, “Besides, these names are beautiful on their own, with Corona being Latin for crown,”
“Also, we want the fear associated with these names to end and [for] the public to focus on sanitation and hygiene.”
The parents also said that they and their family might change the twins’ names sometime down the road based on their beliefs and suggestions from older family members.
Babies to be strong and healthy
What is most important is that these newborns are in good health and are safe with their parents. Congrats to the mom and dad!
News related to COVID-19 situation:
- Indian Police Officer Wears “Coronavirus Helmet” To Scare Citizens Refusing To Self-Quarantine
- 14-Year-Old Boy Who Accurately Predicted COVID-19 Says It’ll End On 29 May 2020
- Thai Hospital Has Adorable Baby Face Shields To Protect Newborns From COVID-19
- This Spanish Town Remains COVID-19 Free Due To Early Lockdown As Rest Of The Country Battles Virus
- Neighbourhood Cheers For Young Paramedic To Thank Her After Finding Out She’d Be Working During Clap For Carers Movement
- Postman Dresses Up In Funny Costumes On Duty, Brings People Joy Amid COVID-19 Lockdown