New cases in Thailand
Image adapted from: thailandmedical
The number of Novel Coronavirus cases in Thailand continue to rise day by day. Current reports state that 35 new infections have been declared, with 2 patients currently in critical condition. This brings the total number of cases up to 212.
Image credit: thairath
On 18th March 2020, Director-General of the Department of Disease Control Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai announced the updated number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand. Though one female COVID-19 patient who was previously hospitalised had since recovered and got sent back home today, 35 new cases were reported.
A meeting on COVID-19 hosted at Ministry of Public Health
Image credit: dailynews
According to their diagnoses, the new COVID-19 patients can be divided into 2 main groups:
- Group one includes 29 cases who were in prior contact with COVID-19 patients, or were in places like boxing stadiums or nightclubs, like the first cluster found in Thong Lor, Bangkok.
- Group two includes 6 cases who were in contact with foreigners or just came back from foreign countries, and one not-yet identified.
The Nation also reported that 2 new patients are currently in critical condition:
- A 49-year-old Thai man first reported to have a high fever, muscle pains, flu-like symptoms, and renal function disorders. He is now hospitalised in Suratthani province.
- A 67-year-old man from Belgium had pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome. He had just come to Thailand from Belgium, and is hospitalised in Phetchabun province and is currently on a ventilator.
With numbers increasing and locations on lockdown, on’t forget to wash your hands often and avoid visiting crowded places during this period of time.
Keep up with the COVID-19 situation in Thailand:
- Bangkok Implements 2-Week Shut Down For Entertainment Venues Like Bars & Massage Parlours
- Schools Officially Shut Down In Thailand, Unis Asked To Use Online Platforms Till End May
- Songkran 2020 Holidays Have Been Postponed To Later This Year
- The Commons Thonglor Closes Premises Amid COVID-19
- Thailand Has 32 New COVID-19 Infections Found In A Single Day, People Urged To Stay Calm