MFA waives legalisation and translation fees
Until the 20th January 2021, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be providing free translation and certification services. These services are ideal for those who have just moved to Thailand, are looking to relocate within the Kingdom, have recently changed their marital status, or need to renew their work permits and visas.
The Nation Thailand reports the gesture as a “New Year gift for customers.”
Free document certification at Thai MFA
The Ministry will waive the ฿200 certification fee for the first two weeks of January for 19 types of documents, which are listed below.
- ID card
- Civil registration particulars
- House registration
- Birth certificate
- Death certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Registration of marriage
- Divorce certificate
- Registration of divorce
- Registration of family status
- Record of family status
- Certificate of personal title
- Certificate of surname change
- Certificate of name change
- Certificate of surname joint usage
- Certificate of surname registration
- Certificate of marital status
- Certificate of child custody
- Letter of consent for child’s foreign travel
Be mindful of highly crowded areas
These services will be available at the Department of Consular Affairs in Laksi, as well as Temporary Passport Offices in Chiang Mai, Ubon Ratchathani and Songkhla.
The Ministry is bound to be overwhelmed with people during this promotional period. Please make sure to maintain social distance, wear your mask and wash your hands.
Featured images adapted from: A49