Temperature checks at Suvarnabhumi Airport
Image credit: AP Photo, Sakchai Lalit
Thailand’s international airports implemented temperature screenings last month for arrivals from high-risk countries, and now, Suvarnabhumi Airport has tightened measures. From today, compulsory checks will be conducted for everyone entering its passenger terminal.
As part of the temperature screening, everyone will have their body temperatures checked before they can enter the terminal. This includes passengers, airport staff, and visitors coming into the premises. The airport also shared that selected terminal gates will be closed to facilitate the screening procedure.
Bangkok Post also announced that army water tanks will be spraying disinfectants along Bangkok’s streets in efforts to keep the city sanitised. Army chief Gen Apirat Kongsompong said that this will take place every morning between 1am to 5am, from 18th March till end of the month.
Keep up with the COVID-19 situation in Thailand:
- 35 More COVID-19 Infections Found In Thailand, Biggest Surge Yet
- Bangkok Implements 2-Week Shut Down For Entertainment Venues Like Bars & Massage Parlours
- Schools Officially Shut Down In Thailand, Unis Asked To Use Online Platforms Till End May
- Songkran 2020 Holidays Have Been Postponed To Later This Year
- The Commons Thonglor Closes Premises Amid COVID-19
- Medical Certificate Upon Arrival Required For Travellers Into Thailand From “High Risk” Countries