New food delivery provider in Thailand
Images adapted from: Positioning
During COVID-19, food delivery services have been booming, and seems to be the best way for restaurants to survive amid a lack of customers heading outside.
In order to fully support eateries, a bank in Thailand decided to come up with a new food delivery platform named ‘Robinhood’ which functions without any service fees for participating restaurants.
“Robinhood aims to be an alternative, not a competitor for others”
Image credit: Bangkok Post
Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) pointed out the high rate gross profit (GP) that stores and restaurants have to pay for delivery service providers. So, they decided to support eateries, especially during COVID-19, by launching this new platform without any added fees.
Moreover, restaurants can apply to the platform for free, quickly receive profits within an hour after delivery, and have easy access to financial services in the future.
Image credit: Positioning
The bank has also partnered with Indonesian start-up which offers delivery services in Thailand under the brand ‘GET!’.
Mr. Arthid Nanthawithaya, CEO of SCB, revealed to The Standard that SCB and GET! are working together. SCB offers digital banking services that customers can use via the GET! application. He also stated that Robinhood aims to be an alternative, not a competitor to other delivery services out there.
Image credit: MRG Online
As for the delivery drivers, SCB will join hands with Thai startup Skootar, an online messengers service.
We hope this will help support smaller eateries in Thailand to get through this difficult situation. People living in Bangkok and its perimeters can look forward to using Robinhood this July.
- Tesco Lotus Delivery Staff Help Clean House Of Disabled Customers & Buy Them Essentials During COVID-19
- Thai Actress Spearheads “Buy Friend A Meal” Campaign To Give Out Free Food To Delivery Men And People In Need
- GrabFood Thailand Launches Campaign For Customers To Share Free Meals With Their Delivery Drivers
- Thai Celebrity ‘Amp’ Works As Delivery Driver Amid COVID-19 To Support His Family
- 76 Garage Is Using Hot Male Models As Deliverymen During COVID-19 Pandemic
- New TuktukX Services Allows Tuk Tuk Drivers To Be Delivery Men And Get Extra Income During COVID-19