Phuket International Airport temporarily closure
Image adapted from: Thairath
After banning people from leaving and entering via land and sea, Phuket has decided to go into full lockdown mode by closing its international airport to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the province.
The closure will come into effect on 10th April 2020 and last until 30th April 2020, which is the same date the borders are expected to open.
All scheduled flights to and from the island between these dates will be cancelled due to the lockdown.
Phuket has the third-largest number of cases in Thailand
According to Bangkok Post, Phuket is the third province with the highest infection rates, after Bangkok and Nonthaburi.
Today, the island reported 7 more COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of patients to 69.
We hope the lockdown measure works out for Phuket. We can’t wait for this beautiful island to reopen as planned.
COVID-19 related news:
- 1 New COVID-19 Death Reported In Thailand, Brings Total Deaths To 10
- NIVEA Thailand Produces 20,000 Litres Of Hand Sanitiser To Give Hospitals Around The Country For Free
- Wacoal Halts Underwear Production To Make Free Face Masks For People Instead
- Nurses Give Up Their Instant Noodles For 9-Year-Old COVID-19 Patient Who Wanted A Comfort Meal
- Beaches In Phuket Closed Indefinitely Amid High COVID-19 Infection Rates
- Inmates In Buri Ram Prison Start Riot & Escape After COVID-19 Rumours Stir Panic