New features on Google Maps
Images adapted from: DailyGizmo
Many restaurants and eateries have to close their doors temporarily due to COVID-19 measures. Delivery platforms seem to be the most convenient option, but you’ll have to pay delivery fees which are sometimes more expensive than your meal.
Moreso, stores on apps are often bigger franchises, but you can now do your part to support smaller local stores during this time. Google Maps has launched 2 new features to make it easier for users to find stalls nearby.
‘Takeout’ or ‘Delivery’ buttons to find nearby eateries
Image credit: DailyGizmo
Google Maps’ homepage has 2 new buttons ‘Takeout’ and ‘Delivery’ for users to find nearby food stores that offer either option.
This feature aims to support local businesses and restaurants that may have their own delivery services for customers nearby. This way, they don’t have to rely only on a delivery app to do the job.
Moreover, this helps users easily find food shops nearby, meaning a shorter waiting time and lower delivery fee.
Users can access menu lists to check the price before ordering too.
Image credit: The Standard
If you own a restaurant, you can update your details and contact on Google My Business to list your business under this new feature. Online marketing and management courses are also available to learn via Google Primer application and Google Skillshop to up your skills if needed.
Let’s try this new feature and support local restaurants nearby amid COVID-19!
More news related to COVID-19:
- Wuhan To Test All 11 Million Citizens For COVID-19 After New Cluster Reported
- Thailand Starts “The Pantry Of Sharing” Movement For Those In Need Of Food Amid COVID-19
- Thai Celebrity ‘Amp’ Works As Delivery Driver Amid COVID-19 To Support His Family
- Bangkok MRT Sets Up Preventive Measures For Commuters To Avoid Overcrowded Conditions
- Tollway Staff Helps Send Underprivileged Family Home After They Tried Cycling From BKK To Korat
- Bangsaen Beach Could Face Another Closure After Crowds Seen Holding Gatherings Despite Ban