Free 10GB internet until 30th June 2020
With the increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases, Thailand officially announced the State of Emergency encouraging people to stay at home as much as they can to prevent and decrease the spread of the virus. Many have begun working from home as well as taking the proper social distancing measures until the situation gets better.
The Thai National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) is now offering people free internet until 30th June 2020 to make the staying home process easier.
Free 10GB for mobile internet and 100Mbps for home internet
Image credit: MGR Online
The NBTC pointed out that communication is important for those who need to work from home, as per the suggested regulations that ask people to avoid leaving their homes unless necessary.
It plans to provide 10GB free mobile broadband to people for 3 months until 30th June 2020, and will start after the plan is approved by the government. For home internet or fixed broadband, NBTC will increase internet speed to 100Mbps.
To access the service, users have to register with their own internet service providers. Further details as to when the services will be available are to be announced at a later date.
Stay tuned for updates.
Keep up with the COVID-19 situation in Thailand:
- Grand Palace And Wat Phra Kaew In Bangkok Temporarily Closed To Minimise COVID-19 Spread
- 7-11 Thailand Expands Home Delivery Service To Help Citizens Affected By Virus Lockdown
- Thammasat University Converts Dorms Into Thailand’s First COVID-19 Field Hospital
- First Thai Patient Located Outside Thailand Dies From COVID-19 In USA
- Thai Lion Air Suspends Both Domestic And International Flights Amid COVID-19
- Central Bangkok Looks Eerily Empty Over The Weekend After ‘Soft’ Lockdown Takes Place