Dogs rescued from burning house


Rescued dogs
Images adapted from: thairath

On 20th December 2019, a house in Chiang Mai’s Tah Sa Toi community caught on fire while the owner, Ms. Pim-apinya, 55, was out. She rushed back home as soon as she received a call from her neighbour.

Things took a turn for the worse when she arrived home, only to realise her 2 pet dogs were stuck inside the house. Despite the danger of the situation, she risked her life to save her dogs from the fire.


Dogs were trapped and scared


Rescued dogs
The fire was reportedly caused from a possible short circuit
Image credit: thairath

She soon realised that only one of her dogs had managed to successfully escape the burning house after getting scared from the heat – another was still stuck inside. Ms. Pim-apinya then ran into the house to look for the other, and thankfully found it unharmed.

Rescued dogs
Image credit: thairath

After she got out safely, she started crying as she shared that her dogs reminded her of her mother who passed away 3 years ago, thus being so precious. 


Short circuit could have been the cause


Rescued dogs
Image credit: thairath

It took the firefighters on the scene roughly half an hour to control the situation and put the fire out. Officers suspected that the fire could have been the result of a short circuit, caused by leaving electronic devices plugged in unattended for a long time.


A pet owner’s love knows no bounds


Before leaving home, it’s good to make sure that electronic gadgets are already unplugged to avoid short circuits from occurring. 

We’re happy to know that Ms. Pim-apinya and her dogs are safe and sound, and that her love for them is even more valuable than her whole house.

Read more heartwarming rescue stories here:


Enjoying The Smart Local Thailand? Follow us on Instagram at @TheSmartLocalTH for more local stories in Thailand!