Common Ground in Hat Yai
Cafe-hoppers will go lengths to get their coffee fix anywhere and anyhow, sometimes in the most unexpected places. Common Ground Hatyai is a small cafe with a unique setting of being inside stacks of shipping containers.
More unique cafes in Thailand:
- Cafe Amazon’s New Chonburi Branch Looks Just Like A Beautiful Moroccan Tea House
- There’s A Harry Potter Bar & Cafe In Phuket And It Looks Straight Outta Diagon Alley
- Tales Khaosan Is A Train-Themed Hostel & Cafe With Rooms That Look Just Like Cabins
- Papa Beach Pattaya Is A Pretty Cafe With Pastel Mermaid Photo-Ops Just 1 Hour From BKK
- Secret Wonderland Is An Alice In Wonderland-Themed Cafe Hidden In An Overgrown Garden
- This Space-Themed Cafe 1 Hour From BKK Is A Photo Haven With Realistic Planet & Rocket Props
- This Unicorn Cafe Is A Pastel Paradise With Whimsical Decor & Food
Bar and cafe located inside shipping containers
Image credit: ASA CREW
A giant metallic box is probably the last place you’d expect to meet up with friends for coffee and cocktails.
Image credit: @supersmilex
Popular dishes here are the juicy-looking Pork Bacon Burger (฿160) with charcoal buns and the Salmon Toast (฿180) that comes with a slice of lemon.
For coffee, they have Gravity Latte (฿90), which is espresso shot topped on cold milk. Their Espresso On The Rock uses a round frozen cube of espresso so that your espresso does not taste watery if it sits too long.
Image credit: Wongnai
They also have a grab n’ go area for those who don’t want to sit in the cafe.
The Sun Tonic bar comes to life in the evenings for a yummy cocktail perk-me-up
Image credit: Common Ground Hatyai
Finding Common Ground
Image credit: @cafestorythailand
If you happen to be passing through Hat Yai, give Common Ground a visit for a chill afternoon with delicious sweet treats, savoury meals, and a cuppa coffee.
Getting to the cafe would take half a day to drive from Bangkok, so it is recommended that you make plans to explore the rest of Hat Yai while you’re there.
Common Ground Hatyai
Address: 18 Nuankaew Uthit Road, Kho Hong, Hat Yai District, Songkhla 90110
Opening Hours: Mon-Wed/Fri-Sun 9-12AM, Thurs 9AM-5PM
Telephone: 061 198 8103
Website | Facebook | Instagram