Chiang Mai air quality worsens
Worst air pollution in the world
For the past three days, Chiang Mai has held the title of the most polluted city on the world stage, according to the National News Bureau of Thailand, with the primary pollutants being PM 2.5 particulate matter.
Less than a week ago, Chiang Mai was ranked as the third most polluted city in the world. Officials speculated the cause for the worsening air quality is the debris caused by agricultural burning, and imposed a 60 day ban on the practice.
Since the beginning of this year, there have been 31,8788 patients treated for illnesses caused by worsening air qualities in the city.
Be cautious and mindful
With the novel coronavirus making up a majority of our health concerns, we can sometimes neglect to protect ourselves against other pollutants. Be sure to always check the air quality index before leaving your homes, and equip yourself with an N95 mask to protect your precious lungs from the poisonous particles.
For more on Chiang Mai:
- 5 Things You Can Do In Chiang Mai Over A Long Weekend Under $100
- Camp Meating – This Luxury BBQ Glamping Spot In Chiang Mai Is The Stuff Of Coachella Dreams
- 10 Chiang Mai Cafe Concepts You’ll Never Find In BKK – Glamping, Lakeside & Treetop Spots
- 9 Things To Do In Chiang Mai For Stunning Pictures That Might Land You On Instagram’s Explore Page
- 10 Unbelievable Adventures In Chiang Mai, The ‘New City’ Of Thailand
Cover images adapted from: Maytanan Merchant via Learning English
Images are for illustration purposes only