Bangkok’s famous market is back
Image adapted from: VIE Hotel Bangkok
After Thailand began to ease the lockdown and reopen businesses on 3rd May, a sense of normalcy is slowly making its way back to the capital.
One of the businesses reopening this week is the famous Chatuchak Market, aka JJ market, including the weekend market, fish market, and plant market.
However, the night market won’t be reopening soon as the national curfew is still in effect to curb the COVID-19 infections.
New opening times
Image credit: Solitaire Bangkok
In accordance with the curfew, new opening times have been announced for each market as follows:
- The weekend market – 8am to 6pm
- Plant Market – 9am to 6pm
- Fish Market – 9am to 7pm
Strict health measures
To prevent any possible COVID-19 transmissions, shoppers must strictly follow the market’s health guideline.
This includes wearing a mask at all times, practising social distancing, washing hands regularly with hand sand sanitiser provided by shops.
All visitors must undergo body temperature checking before entering the market area.
Let’s shop with precaution!
- Airbnb, Uber, & Grab Layoff Employees To Cut Costs During The Pandemic
- COVID-19 Hotline Is Helping Migrant Workers In Thailand Cope With The Pandemic
- Bangkok Has Drive-Thru Flea Market For People Who Want To Shop Safely During COVID-19
- Bangkok Shabu Place Comes Up With Tables For Customers To Eat Together Safely After Closure Ban Lifted
- 28 Airports In Thailand Reopen After Lockdown Eased