New BTS stations in Bangkok
When in Thailand, one must-visit shopping spot is ICONSIAM. To avoid getting trapped in Bangkok’s notorious jams, the easiest way to access the mall is via shuttle boat that will take you from Sathorn Pier (under Saphan Taksin BTS) to ICONSIAM pier.
The process might seem a little complicated, but that’s not going to be a problem anymore with the new BTS Gold Line that is slated to open mid-2021.
Line will connect Krung Thonburi BTS to Memorial Bridge MRT
Image credit: Bangkok Citismart
ICONSIAM has invested over 2 billion baht into the project, which is estimated to take around 2 years since the start of the planning process.
Attached to ICONSIAM
Image credit: Living Pop
The Gold Line is considered to be the shortest track on the BTS transit system, being just 1.7 km long with only 4 stations for now:
- Krung Thonburi – an interchange station from Silom line
- Charoen Nakhon – connected to ICONSIAM via skywalk
- Khlong San – in front of Khlong San District Office and Taksin Hospital
- Memorial Bridge
These 4 stations are part of the first phase, so we can look forward to more stations in the future.
A monorail train will be operated along the Gold Line
Image credit: Thai Residents
There are 2 trains which can hold around 80-10 passengers which will be scheduled every 3 minutes.
Get ready for the new train line by June 2021
Image credit: Pinoy Thaiyo
The BTS Gold Line is hoping to be rolled out for its first trial during 2021 around June, with the transport fees at only ฿15 for every station.
With this upcoming development, your shopping adventures at ICONSIAM will become easier. Plus, you can now conveniently access the hip Charoen Krung and Charoen Nakhon neighbourhood with its cool cafes and must-try street food!
What you shouldn’t miss in Charoen Krung and Charoen Nakhon:
- The Hidden Milkbar – Secret Retro Cafe In Bangkok With Aussie-Inspired Dessert And Drinks
- Foodotel – Bangkok Hotel With Super Cheap Rice & Curry Meals From Just ~$1
- Hoi Tod Chaw Lae Serves Crispy Seafood Omelette With Cheese Pulls In BKK
- This Shop In Bangkok Serves Delicious Fried Gyoza At Just ~$10 For 30 Dumplings
- Somsak Pu Ob – Michelin Guide Bangkok Street Food With Fresh Seafood Glass Noodles
Enjoying The Smart Local Thailand? Follow us on Instagram at @TheSmartLocalTH for more local stories in Thailand!