Boy shares fresh ingredients with community
Images adapted from: วาสนา ธีรนิติ
Sharing pantries have popped up in many communities across Thailand amid the spread of COVID-19. This helps support people in need of necessities such as food and daily supplies, while offering others an opportunity to lend a helping hand to those in need.
This 9-year-old boy learned to share and help others by offering fresh vegetables at a local community pantry.
Grandpa taught him to know how to share
The mayor of Lom Kao district in Petchaboon province took to Facebook to praise “Ikkyu”, a 9-year-old boy, for sharing vegetables at a community pantry.
Translation: “This is another impressive story. This little boy knows how to share [by] bringing eggplants in exchange for instant noodles. A good role model.”
Image credit:วาสนา ธีรนิติ
Ikkyu doesn’t live far from his local sharing pantry, so he and his sister came to take some snacks, juice, and milk from there.
Image credit: Mokkalana
Their grandpa saw this and taught them that they shouldn’t only take, but give too. After that, Ikkyu decided to collect fresh vegetables from his family’s backyard to bring to the pantry in an exchange for some snacks.
What a kind little boy.
Netizens praise him for his good behaviour
One day while he was bringing stuff to the pantry, the district mayor saw him and shared his story. The post went viral online, with netizens praising the boy for his actions.
Translation: Grandpa is very respectable for teaching his child to be a good giver. This boy will be a good man and [will] continue teaching his child to be this good too.
Translation: I am very impressed with how the grandpa taught his grandchild. I am sure that he will be a good man.
Thank you to Ikkyu and his family for showing their care and support to others – let’s do our part in giving back in any way we can too.
Read more inspiring news:
- Thai Actress Spearheads “Buy Friend A Meal” Campaign To Give Out Free Food To Delivery Men And People In Need
- YouTuber Dad Warms Hearts With ‘How-To’ Videos For Kids Without Fathers
- ‘T-Rexes’ Spotted Running Around And Filling Up Sharing Pantries In Phuket
- Nigerian Tourists Stuck In BKK Airport Due To COVID-19 Thank Thai Staff For Bringing Food And Clothes
- Thai Grandma Uses Her Govt Relief Fund To Stock Up Sharing Pantries With Necessities For Others
- GrabFood Thailand Launches Campaign For Customers To Share Free Meals With Their Delivery Drivers