New measures for markets in Bangkok
Image adapted from: Brand Buffet
The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has announced new control measures for fresh markets and flea markets in the city to prevent more COVID-19 transmissions.
Mrs. Silapasuai Rawisaengsun, Permanent Secretary, said that all markets in Bangkok’s 50 districts will be inspected to maintain cleanliness in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
These new control measures are in effect from today until further notice.
Measures for market owners, vendors, and customers
Image credit: Bangkok Airways
To make sure everyone is safe, the new measures are for market owners, sellers, and customers to follow.
For market owners:
- Must practice basic COVID-19 screening tests including checking body temperature for all vendors and workers daily.
- Need to provide washing stations with basins and soap, as well as hand sanitisers in their market.
- Clean the market at least once a day.
- Do not open a food court area.
- Add E-payment as a new payment option to reduce contact
- Wear face masks and wash their hands regularly during working hours.
- Must stop working and seek medical attention if they have any symptoms such as fever or coughing.
- Provide gripping tools like tongs for customers to prevent direct contacts on fresh food items.
- Keep cooked food in closed containers and reheat every 2 hours.
- Wear an apron and hat or hair net when cooking food.
- Keep social distancing between themselves and buyers.
- Wear face masks when entering markets.
- Keep a distance from other shoppers and sellers for at least 1 metre.
- Try to use E-payment as much as you can.
Although the government is looking out for us, we still must not forget to protect ourselves by cleaning our hands regularly and keeping a safe distance from one another.
- IKEA Has Shared Its Swedish Meatballs & Gravy Recipe For Us To Cook During Self-Isolation At Home
- Chonburi Zoo To Livestream Animals So We Can Go On A Virtual Zoo Trip From Home
- 8 DIY Face Masks You Can Make At Home With Zero Sewing Skills
- Alcohol Sale Ban In Bangkok To Extend Till End Of April To Control Virus Spread