Review Detail

Newspapers D david-tan October 20, 2012 723
Made me enjoy Chinese!
Overall Rating 

This year, the school made it compulsory for all higher Chinese students to subscribe to the Chinese newspapers once a week. Every Wednesday, we would get our thick stack of newspapers - Lianhe Zaobao, Lianhe Wanbao and other newspapers. However, I would always flip to the centre of the stack immediately, where zbCOMMA (逗号) is always folded.

Out of all the newspapers, I find zbCOMMA the most interesting. Of course, this could be because it is targeted at people in my age group. The main article in zbCOMMA is usually something related to students our age, which makes the article relevant and relatable for us to read. Besides the lack of mundane article, zbCOMMA goes a step further to include cute comics and an art page for our enjoyment. However, it's never just all play and no work - zbCOMMA also includes 填空 (Cloze passage) and 理解问答 (Comprehension) practices in the newspaper to prepare us for our O level examination.

Despite me not quite being a fan of the Chinese language, I actually looked forward to receiving my zbCOMMA paper every Wednesday due to its entertainment value. zbCOMMA made me even start to enjoy the Chinese language. It's a great paper! It's a pity I don't really see it being sold in petrol stations where the other Chinese newspapers are usually sold.

Optional Information:

Recommend to a friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments