Review Detail

Owl Hot
Singapore Products X xinty July 05, 2012 1136
Artificial
Overall Rating 

Owl is best known for being an instant coffee maker. However, they have made some interesting developments and have not just stagnated at producing sachets after sachets of instant coffee. In fact, they even have an Owl cafe at Star Vista! I doubt anyone has ever heard of an instant coffee maker branching out into the cafe business. The cafe sells traditional coffee, toast and even some novel mains like stir fried spaghetti with soft shell chilli crab. Definitely worth a visit, if not for the food, but also just for curiosity's sake.

I see Owl as a more modern coffee maker as compared to the likes of Super or Gold Kili. This is probably due to them advertising on television with Jeanette Aw as their spokesperson, which helps me to spread the appeal of the brand. Owl has also come up with instant soya beancurd, yes you heard me right. It comes in powder form and all you have to do is add water and leave it in the fridge for some time. Although I appreciate this cool and interesting idea, I very much prefer original beancurd. For me, Owl's beancurd simply tasted too artificial. Nonetheless, it did create a buzz when it first came out and a lot of my friends were talking about it.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments