Nope. Not worth the price.
Overall rating 

Service 

Cleanliness 

Sleep Quality 

Room Quality 

Value 

Overall Experience 

Singapore's boutique hotels have always been a hit-or-miss for me; I've been to so-called 'boutique hotels' in Singapore and the rooms were a little more than just a budget hotel room with a few tacky decor. As such, for one of my recent staycations, I opted to stay at Studio M hotel, having seen many good reviews on it and pictures of the rooms. Their main selling point, for me, was the unique design of the room- the loft apartment idea. As such, I decided to try Studio M hotel.

Cons:
Right from the start, there were hiccups. As the hotel check in desk/counter/area is shaped irregularly, guests were at a loss as to where to stand to queue. The check in counter personnel tried to help, but the whole idea of an irregular shaped check in counter meant that guests could not queue properly while waiting for the receptionists to check them in. A couple even managed to cut my queue during check in!

Room-wise, I was prepared for a shoebox sized room, and boy, was I correct. The bathroom was really extremely small. There's no other words for it. It's impossible to dry yourself in the bathroom. You'd have to step out to dry yourself, thus wetting the floor outside. And for a so-called 'boutique hotel', the shower cubicle's design is just... like a normal swimming pool's shower toilets/gym's showering cubicles at best.

The swimming pool was a joke; it's more of a wading pool-cum-kids playing pool. So, if you are aiming for a swim, please do not keep your hopes up. At all.

The Good:
The bed was very comfortable; I slept really good at night. The buffet breakfast was okay-ish, typical western food like scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, the works. Wifi was ok, didn't get disconnected while I was in the room.

Conclusion:
I wouldn't go so far as to term Studio M as a boutique hotel, even with its decor in the rooms and the exterior areas of the hotel. The location, off Clarke Quay, is convenient for exploring that area. Only book it if there's a special promotion/offer that is going on. otherwise, it's not worth the normal rates.

Optional Information:

Avg Spent Per Person:
Tips for new visitors:
look out for promotions/offers.
NW
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments