Review Detail

victoriaschool.jpg
Secondary Schools J joshua-goh November 30, 2013 655
Victoria, thy sons are we
Overall Rating 

I walked through the gates of VS for the first time in 1990 and never really left even after finishing my O Levels exams in 1993. I had subsequently returned to work in the school for a couple of years.

Those 4 years of school were a life-forming experience, of friendships forged and of relationships nurtured. Recently, my class of 1993 met for a reunion after close to 23 years of being apart and it felt like we were having recess in the canteen.

I miss those days of teenage mischief and of industry required to pass our exams. Some of my teachers had left this world and I mourn their passing but I feel that a large percentage of teachers who end up teaching at VS would end up identifying themselves as Victorian after a few years there.

The campus may have changed but interview any Victorian from Jalan Besar to Geylang Bahru Lane to Siglap, you will feel their pride of being a Victorian. Be in any of our gatherings, you will feel the pride when the school anthem is sung; and sung with more gusto than anyone of us would sing the national anthem.

Optional Information:

Recommend to a friend:
Yes
K
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
December 06, 2013
Hahaha I laughed at the school anthem's remark. So true after all these years.
J
joshua-goh
December 06, 2013
In reply to an earlier comment

we used to get screwed by Mr Santokh Singh for not singing the national anthem loud enough...once we were made to sing it thrice...and the whole school sung it at the exact same volume thrice...he gave up after that
K
khairul-nizam
December 07, 2013
In reply to an earlier comment

good old boys school rebels.. :)
J
joshua-goh
3 results - showing 1 - 3