Review Detail

Polytechnics D david-tan October 15, 2012 472
A condusive and fun environment for learning!
Overall Rating 

I am a student in Nanyang Polytechnic, studying at the School of Interactive & Digital Media. Having been in NYP for a year and a half already, I must say that I quite like the compound. Firstly, it isn't very big, and is very easy to move from one end of the polytechnic to the other. The facilities are good and comfortable for students to use during and outside of lectures. The labs and rooms for lessons are condusive for learning, and places like the library is perfect for studying and doing group discussions when not having classes, and there are lots of benches and outdoor areas whereby people can sit down to study or just relax if needed.

The food at NYP may not be a lot as compared to Singapore Polytechnic, but it's more or less satisfying and cheap. There's a South and North Canteen, as well as Koufu, McDonalds, Splash & Decker, Grinning Gecko, and so on. Even the library has a cafe, although it is slightly more on the pricier side, but still nice having a drink or snack there every once in a while.

So far, apart from the stress, life as a student in NYP has been quite fun. With a good learning environment and facilities, along with helpful lecturers and tutors, you can be assured a good 3 years here, provided you are happy with your course, I guess. I also recommend that students who are interested in my school (see above) should choose the courses in NYP as their top choice, because NYP is pretty well known for their Interactive & Digital Media courses, and I assure you I am not saying that out of biasness or anything, really!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments