Review Detail

Western Restaurants D dawntillmidnight April 19, 2012 333
pancakes worth a shot!
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Value 

Overall Score 

My friends and walked around Botanic Gardens just to try Food for Thought. The ambience was great! Tucked into a quiet corner, with wooden furniture and long high tables fit for large groups of friends. The felt clouds and mild orange lights gave the place a homely feeling.

There was a range of food to choose from - pancakes, burgers, salads and sides. I found it rather pricey, but thank goodness there was no gst and service charge! I had the sweet potato and pulled pork burger which was really quite small. They were generous with the pulled pork though, but it was overly salted and the slice of sweet potato was not exactly compensating.

However, I tried some of my friend's foods. Their pancakes were nothing special, but the spiced gula melaka that accompanied it was certainly something else. I'd never tasted anything like it before. Sweet yet fragrant, a perfect match to the pancakes. Their sides are also really tasty! I liked the beetroot with yogurt and the broccoli.

Overall, I would say the portions are a little small for the price, but it's still a nice place to hang out and chill.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments