Review Detail

Western Restaurants D dawntillmidnight April 19, 2012 374
Overrated? Perhaps
Overall Score 

A short walk from Bras Basah MRT, Food For Thought offers a laidback and chic café environment. I was slightly overwhelmed with interior décor, which was very well done and impressive. Upon arrival, you will see a small section on your right dedicated to souvenirs like notebooks, mugs etc, which are great for adding a little whimsy into everyday life.

Partly due to the good reviews online, I was looking forward to my visit here. I didn’t feel like ordering their breakfast menu, so I settled for the Chunky Sausage and Tomato Linguine, with an extra order of fries. And I am sorry to say that both were not up to my expectations. There were a small amount of beansprouts in the pasta, which did not value add to the dish at all. Sausage serving, while generous, tasted weird and unappetizing. I had to semi-force myself to finish even three quarters of this dish… The fries were thick cut and extremely mediocre — I think I am better off with McDonalds fries. Needless to say, my visit here was way disappointing. Though I guess I will go back to try their breakfast menu, for that’s what most of their patrons rave about.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments