Western Restaurants F farshafarsha April 03, 2012 541
Great food from appetizers to desserts
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

I've been a relatively frequent customer of Bakerzin for the past 5 years. The food has remained consistently good over the years. Much to my chagrin, the portions have been decreasing and the prices have been increasing (hence the 3-Star "value" rating)

The menu has gone through some changes, but thankfully my staunch favorites of Bratwurst Linguine with Balsamic Vinegar and Japanese Pork belly rice have remained. The Bratwurst linguine combines the smoky flavour from the German sausages with a subtle mix of sweet/spicy/sour from the chili and balsamic.

The pork belly rice is simple. Japanese rice, pork belly simmered in dark sauce and done to tender perfection. Garnished with coriander - which cuts through the fatty taste from the pork - this simple yet delicious dish somehow gives me the impression that they have a grandmother cooking this dish at the back in the kitchen.

Don't forget about the dessert either, Bakerzin's lauded forte. The Chocolate Amer ranks as one of my all-time favorites

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments