Review Detail

Chinese Restaurants F farshafarsha April 16, 2012 401
Do not expect high class service.
Overall Score 

Yep, do not expect high class service in this restaurant that dates back into history. Enjoy the rowdiness instead. Why do i say that? That is because this place is a classic restaurant. Many seniors patronize this restaurant and some were even regulars. They are mostly accompanied by their children and grandchildren on the weekend mornings.

I was there with a female friend for breakfast. We met Kim Ng and her family and grandmother in the lift on the way up to the restaurant. Guess that's how popular this restaurant is, whether it's with the elderlys or the celebrities.

We ordered a lot of dim sum there and what was memorable was the xiao long bao. The xiao long bao we had was not the usual soup filled kind. The bao was kind of soggy and there was no soup. The filling was not to my liking either. It was not soft and chewy but crunchy and hard.

Other than that, the rest of the dim sum were great and i love it. Love the classic pushing of trolleys filled with dim sum around the restaurant and shouting out what the aunties had in their trolleys. I had never experienced something like that before.

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
Yes
O
Top 100 Reviewer 57 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments