Hawker Stalls M melody April 29, 2012 270
Tradition
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

I've recently been to the new outlet at 190 Keng Lee Road. I went with my parents, and they had a voucher to use. The voucher entitled us to 50% off a second dish, as long as the first dish was Bak Kut Teh soup. We ended up ordering 2 Bak Kut Teh set meals, a set of hainanese chicken rice and a bowl of Laksa.

I'm afraid I can't choose my favourite because all 3 dishes were so good! The Bak Kut Teh soup was peppery and the taste of the spices came through nicely. The pork was so tender and the two bones that came in every bowl had plenty of pork meat to enjoy with the rice, preserved vegetables and you tiao that came in the set meal. The Laksa was flavourful, and the serving was quite big. There were cockles in there along with many premium ingredients that made the dish wonderful. We decided to takeaway the chicken rice as there were only 3 of us and there were 4 meals. We also had to take away our Bak Kut Teh as we couldn't finish.

I had the chicken rice for dinner later that day, and the rice was really fragrant and the chicken so tender. I have to say it's one of the best chicken rice I've tasted. I'd definitely go back again, as the ambiance of the restaurant is really nice. Not your traditional road side coffee shop style, but an air-conditioned restaurant in a club. Although the food here is a little on the more expensive side, it'll be worth every penny! Do note that the staff there aren't able to speak English fluently, and speak more of Mandarin and some dialects!

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments