Review Detail

Hawker Stalls S shalene April 09, 2012 336
Popular but overrated western food
(Updated: April 14, 2012)
Overall Score 

I would have expected more from a stall that has invested so much to advertise themselves as an affordable western food stall located at hawker centres and coffeeshops, but my experience was a disappointing one.

I ordered the cajun chicken thinking that I couldn't go wrong with that, but I was very wrong. The chicken was dry and it wasn't in the least bit appetizing. It didn't look appetizing, and neither did it taste appetizing. The fries were average at best, but I have to say I've tasted much better fries elsewhere. Perhaps it's because Botak Jones had already shot to fame and hence they didn't see the need to quality check their food anymore?

The portion of the food was large though, which was a redeeming point for them, but that's about it. The price I paid definitely wasn't value for money which made me regret having an unenjoyable meal there. The price is similar to that of a normal western food stall located at any coffeeshop or hawker centre, and some, if not most, of those stalls definitely tasted better than my cajun chicken.

The only thing I liked about them is the effort put into designing their menu - they made it an enjoyable experience for me to decide what I should order, but it didn't make much of a difference since the food was very disappointing.

I haven't revisited this place ever since.

Optional Information:

Branch Location:
Ang Mo Kio
Recommend to Friend:
No
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments