Review Detail

The signature Ampang Yong Tau Foo
Hawker Restaurants J jensen-chua May 16, 2013 7052
oldie YTF
Overall Score 

I have arrived all the way from Tiong Bahru to Katong area to try this but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be (still prefer Soon Lee YTF). The service here was horrendous! She looks very bored and uninterested to be there and impatient with me when I asked about what was in the 10 items in the yong tau foo. I was thinking, the good food better make it up for the bad service. The food didn't take too long to arrive. When it arrived, I didn't find it anything special but the fried
"tau ki" caught my eyes because it was huge and squarish and golden brown. I went for that first. I was disappointed that they do not serve noodles because I much prefer eating noodles to rice.

The price of the YTF was also on the steep side. Okay but I think it is due to the fact that it is homemade and we all know that the word "homemade" warrants a steeper price tag. I am a YTF novice and I have yet know how to tell the fish paste apart from the usual ones but it is indeed a little more bouncy. But to pay a higher price tag and receive bad service for that little more almost negligible bounce? No, thanks. I am bouncing off elsewhere to have my YTF fix!

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
No
A
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments