Review Detail

Hawker Centres R raion October 25, 2012 773
Taste heaven
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Overall Score 

Frankly, I have not been to Tiong Bahru Market many times. Despite that, I am happy to say that all my visits were satisfying.
Compared to air-conditioned Kopitiam and food courts, where can I still find a place that still allow some reminiscence of the old Singapore hawker? Where can I find a place that offers not one or two, but many delicacies in one place? Well, that's Tiong Bahru Market, at least for me.

Their wanton noodles, hokkein mee and especially kuai chap are my favourite in the market. With sugar cane drink accompanying the food, delicious. Furhermore, desserts such as the in-trend beancurd can be found in the market too!

I really love how the renovated Tiong Bahru market still allow the younger generation have a taste of old hawker centres in Singapore. In addition, the newly renovated market has installed numerous fans and coupled with the infrastructure design, the ventilation is great. Even during my afternoon visit there were cooling, despite sizzling heat from the sun on the outside.

The place can get a little crowded especially during peak hours. So do head down earlier to get a good spot to enjoy your meal! Some of the stalls have very long queue and the vendors' service are a little slow, so the waiting time can be quite long. But the queue is always long, you can guess how nice and woth it the food is!

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments