Review Detail

Hawker Centres D dawntillmidnight April 22, 2012 1223
Great variety of local delights
Overall Score 

Besides having a wide variety of local delights at affordable prices, another plus point of Old Airport Road Food Centre is how conveniently it is located. Just under a 10 minutes walk away is Dakota Circle Line and that is also one factor that will bring me back to the place again and again.

Lots of famous food stalls can be found here and you will be spoilt for choice once you step in. It is usually very crowded and getting a table can be quite difficult. They have outdoor seating areas too but it can be quite warm sitting outside under the scorching sun during the day.

The more famous stalls would be Lao Ban bean curd, which is a current fad. You will often see people buying 10 bowls at a go. Other stalls worth trying are the prawn noodles, wanton mee (this is stall facing the entrance; there is usually a queue for this), lor mee, kuay chap and a whole lot of other famous local dishes. I recently patronized a Western stall called "London Grill" and liked the food quite a lot. The chicken chop that I ordered was tender and succulent and came in a big portion.

Considering how conveniently located this hawker is and how much good food it houses, this is a definite must go for food lovers.

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments