Hawker Centres D dawntillmidnight April 22, 2012 1758
Food haven
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

This place is amazing! It consists of all the local delights, conveniently compiled into one place - it's absolutely a food paradise.

Their hokkien mee is out of this world, trust me when I say this. Did I also mention that I do not eat hokkien mee? I detest those yellow, sticky noodles that cling onto your teeth after chewing.

After visiting Old Airport Road's Hokkien mee stall (the first one when you enter the food centre, with a big Channel U recommendation sign), I was amused to find myself constantly craving for their hokkien mee.

They serve their hokkien mee with their signature chilli, with varying levels of spiciness on different days. On some days, it can get really, really spicy. Their chilli complements the hokkien mee perfectly. Their ingredients like sotong and prawns were not stingy as well.

Another gem that I've recently discovered would be the Albert Street Prawn noodles, after watching Irene Ang's show on clicknetwork. I have to declare that I abhor prawn mee as well, the same reason I hated hokkien mee.

I was forced to eat my words after tasting the prawn mee. The broth was sumptuous and really addictive. Their prawns were fresh and the clams were succulent. Mind you, this bowl of goodness only cost me $5.

Immediately after polishing my first bowl, I was yearning for a second. This is how good it tasted. Their noodles did not stick to my teeth either, but I would have to say that it wasn't fantastic. The broth and fresh ingredients made up for it though.

Not forgetting Lao Ban tao huey, which is a perfect ending to any meal.

Mmmmm.
M
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments