Review Detail

Hawker Centres D dawntillmidnight April 22, 2012 1817
Rising prices and long queues, mostly worth the wait.
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Overall Score 

Old Airport Road Hawker Centre has always been held dear to my family's heart as it is always a place for us to have simple local foodfare. 

However, prices have risen and some stores do not offer that affordable food anymore compared to other hawker stores. In addition, it's getting increasingly crowded on weekends compared to two years back so I would advise you to go early perhaps 5pm.

Some stores I would recommend you to try:

1. Lao Fuzi Char Kway Teow

Always always a long queue here so be prepared!

2. Holy Grill

If I'm not wrong I read online that this store originates from the TKGS canteen, before owners decided to shift it to Old Airport Road!

3. Whitley Road Big Prawn Noodles

Extremely love the soup as it's quite flavourful, portion wise it's not exactly huge so if you have a big appetite, this isn't what you should crave for. 

4. Tong Kee BBQ Chicken Wing

I remember the price rose by around $0.20 per chicken wing and portions became much smaller :( but if you're going for quality, this is the right place to go! Quality assured, I've been patronizing the store since forever. 

What I wouldn't recommend is the Toa Payoh Rojak. For ages many have been telling me to go try it, and it was a huge disappointment. (This was two years back, never tried it ever again. The store opening hours are inconvenient too.) There was only a lady serving and she was incredibly slow. Rojak quality wasn't amazingly good, just average. And portion was selfishly little.

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments