Review Detail

Food Courts F farshafarsha April 01, 2012 1449
Only for breakfast
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Overall Score 

Located at Tampines interchange, it is easily accesible from MRT station, the 3 malls (Tampines 1, Tampines mall and Century Square) and Tampines stadium.

The only times I patronise Eastlink foodcourt are after my morning run at Tampines Stadium or to just grab a takeaway dinner on my way to the bus interchange. Firstly, it is air-conditioned, perfect for me and my friends to cool down over their breakfast set. With just about $3, we get a cup of coffee or tea, a slice of toast breadand half boiled eggs. Taste just awesome. There are not much people on the weekdays from about 9am to 11am. Hence, this is like a "golden period" if we want to have quieter ambience there.

Usually, the place is extremely crowded and it was really hard for me to even get a seat. The asile is not very wide. On top of long queue and customers waiting for seats, there are also another group of people trying to get a short-cut from the MRT station to the bus interchange. Imagine the narrow space colliding with people holding steaming hot soup. Chaotic.

In addition, the large crowd caused the place to be very noisy. Personally, it is only acceptable to have quick meals there. No comfortable chatting can be done with friends. Everyone will be raising their voices, you can imagine...

Eastlink had a recent renovation. It feels a little brighter. The seats outside the air-conditioned place seems to be more bearable. But I wouldn't want to have my meals there. The thought of dust and exhaust from buses flying into my food makes me feel really unhygienic. (It is just beside the bus interchange!) I would like to urge everyone to avoid the seats outside if possible!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments