Review Detail

Subway Hot
Fast Food F farshafarsha April 05, 2012 1012
Healthy fast food, if there ever was one.
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Subway is one of my preferred restaurants to eat at when I have no idea what else I want to eat, or if I have a craving for something 'fresh'. I guess all that advertising about "Subway, Eat Fresh" really pays off.

But it does create this mental image for good reason. Your sandwich at Subway can be filled with veggies; my personal combination being Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, and Pickles - it's always good to have greens in your diet and Subways helps you to make this tasty as well. They also have a wide variety of sandwich options, all of which are rather healthy (nothing fried, certainly) and they even helpfully point out the 'healthier' sandwiches for you to choose.

The real standout at Subway is the customisability of your meal. You get to choose from 5 different types of bread, depending on your preference (mine being Wheat, plain and simple), 7 different vegetables, and countless more sauces. So essentially how healthy your meal is really depends on how healthy you want it to be (i.e. by loading up on three sauces, I inevitably make my meal quite the unhealthy one).

Subway also offers some pretty nice soups which are quite affordable when bought together with their meal. I'm particularly a fan of their Tomato Bisque, which is a soup that you may be hard pressed to find nowadays - it's available for a very affordable $2.40 with the purchase of a sandwich.

Of course, I shouldn't neglect to mention their cookies, which were to me when I first tried it; "out of this world". They really are that tasty. For the chocolate connoisseur , their Double Chocolate Chip Cookie is an obvious choice, while for the nut lover, their White Chip Macadamia Cookies are also tasty and filled with real Macadamia nuts. There's a reason why these two cookies are my favorites.

So if you're looking for something quick, fast, and affordable (under $10 even when you get all the frills), Subway's the place to go.

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
YN
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments